Tiger Stripes Part II

Bob Hudson

Soar,

It may be him.....

He may have had more than 1 set.

My set was issued to an black SF guy who was shot 3 weeks into his deployment.

I also have 2 sets of his Leopards.

I also have his Red team scarf that he MAY be waring in this picture.

owen

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

This 1968 dated VNMC 2nd pattern Tigerstripe shirt came in a trade for a WWI CEF grouping. This piece came with some other tasty VN era pieces including a CLT patched MACVSOG JJ I posted earlier today. Named to Emch, a 101st Airborne Division trooper. No rank and left sleeve SSI and no signs of there ever being any. Any thoughts from members as to why this shirt has no evidence of a SSI and or who Mr. Emch was would be more than welcome.

Cheers,

Matt

post-104659-0-13821800-1442016208.jpg

Hi Owen,

Sure I'd be honoured. Any of the guys in my collection are yours to use. I'm hoping to find out something about this guy and perhaps why he has no SSI on the left skeeve? It's odd. I hope alls good with you and the fam. Mis the Sunday hangs? Lena says ?

Thanks very much AG. Was super happy to get it. Been lucky as of late and I'm thankful for it. I just need to find out who this Emch cat was and what he was doing after the 101st.

Cheers,

M

Thanks very much AG. Was super happy to get it. Been lucky as of late and I'm thankful for it. I just need to find out who this Emch cat was and what he was doing after the 101st.

Cheers,

M

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I'm new on this Forum although i ve read twice through TS Part 1 and 2 since the last 1,5 years. :-)

Now it's time to make my first post.

Owen asked me to show the following custom made early VNMC boonie

post-157610-0-53322500-1444235089.jpg

post-157610-0-64338400-1444235105.jpg

Great pics and site for the PJs.The mini gun photo with Pope appears his tigers are cut in the jungle jacket pattern having upper slant pocket and lower pockets.The trousers have larger pockets too.