Tiger Stripes Part II

Bob Hudson

vintageproductions

Posted this in the "Fake Tiger Stripe" thread yesterday because I wasn't sure what I was looking at. But, I just picked this up at the local thrift store halloween section for $6. Looks like the John Wayne Sparse pattern. "Vintageproductions" stated it was real. Too bad the sleeves have been cut off. Should I hem the sleeves to tidy them up or leave as is?

large.jpg

large.jpg

Leave it alone, don't mess with it.

thefallenbuddha

I agree. A collector altering it in any way further would only lower the value and take away from its historical significance. For all we know, the original owner could have done that to the sleeves.....my two cents.

The pants will have a smAll pleat in the middle of the pocket.

They are usually wider in the leg than other tiger cuts

owen

Hi Owen.... Correct. You nailed it. Thanks again.

I see the USAF shirt is up on ebay now…...

Love those new posters looking for info style of posts ………………………………...

lame.

owen

I was hoping to find more complete history to the shirt.... I would have kept it if it was interesting enough to me or if it was my size.... So, it's going on the selling block and whatever I get for it has already been used to buy other gear.... I can't help it that militaria is so expensive.... so, what's lame about it?

GeneralCheese

your welcome? :)

I do appreciate all everyone's feedback and information.

I hope one day I'll be able to afford a real set of TS.

But you already did?

Can anyone help me ID this shirt I found recently?

Brad

Hi Brad,

this shirt is a copy of the "Tadpole Dense" pattern

if i remember right, this belongs to the Japanese brand named Sams Militariya, sold on their homepage in 2006-2008?!

Regards G

-

• 2 weeks later...

Also came in same shipment as the gold shirt, mint XL classic pattern/JWD pants. The waist is 42"! Its almost impossible to image a scenario where these would have been any use. All of these US-XL pants are ridiculously huge. Perhaps its a manufacturers sizing error. Also, the print is very crisp with coloration similar to that of the mid-weight flight suits - all the XL pants I have seen are like this. I have never seen a shirt with such ridiculous sizing. Again, suggesting the pants are some sort of pattern grading error.

post-13485-0-44806700-1415535147.jpg