Tiger Stripes Part II

Bob Hudson

Would be funny if in a class the teacher, instead of explaining something, said the students: have already explained it last year, go to look for in the 2013 graduates notes!

vintageproductions

I will post what I have posted on numerous occasions, these collectors on this forum will help everyone, until they feel thy are being taken advantage of.

When you post something like this:

I think that it won't be easy!

There's 89 pages in the Tiger stripes thread no.1 and 50 in the second one...

It just makes you sound lazy and that you are looking for instant gratification instead of doing the proper research. This is when other collectors stop helping.

TrenchfootJoe66

There really is a wealth of info here if you take the time to look for it.

Take a few nights to read thru it. You'll be surprised at how quickly you can get a grasp on the stuff. If you come back and have questions folks will notice if you've done yr homework. Then you might actually learn something instead of clogging up an otherwise awesome thread.

There wouldn't any obstacle and not even useless chats if simply someone had responded me to the question.

I am moderator in the Luftwaffe rooms in a Italian forum and if I had answered to some member in the way in which has been answered me, I would have been taken as ill-mannered person. For how much stupid can be a question I always try to answer or send a link to the correct thread.

Evidently we are different. But no problem!

Thanks anyway.

Pik As

Another lazy poster who wants it at his finger tips because this is the internet.

Read RJs book that you are so fond of quoting for the answers.

Owen

vintageproductions

I am moderator in the Luftwaffe rooms in a Italian forum and if I had answered to some member in the way in which has been answered me, I would have been taken as ill-mannered person. For how much stupid can be a question I always try to answer or send a link to the correct thread.

Why do you need a link when the thread in question, you are posting the question on?

thefallenbuddha

There wouldn't any obstacle and not even useless chats if simply someone had responded me to the question.

People did respond and helped. I don't understand what is wrong with being directed where to go to read for the answer.

Dude, go READ both threads and LEARN. If you can't be bothered by reading and learning then no one here can help you.

post-104659-0-91810400-1403906554.jpgI got these two short brimmed boonies the other day from a vintage dealer in the Chicago area. Made with a variety of different tiger pattern scraps.

Both have grenade rings and one has jump wings. Cool but crudely made. The inside top of the crown has a lining type of material. I've seen a couple of posts here of tigerstripe boonies made with scraps but don't know much about their history and authenticity. Any insight/comments on these would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Matt

MilRGRHistory

Very nice, first time on the forum for me. Once able to post photos I will post a pair of TS that I would like help identifying. Nice boonies!

MilRGRHistory

Looking to get some help identifying these...not sure of the pattern but they look legitimate. I have taken some key photos of patterns and stitching. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Interesting thing is that the pants have the adjustment tab added...they are not sewn evenly so perhaps it was custom added?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk