Tiger Stripes Part II

Bob Hudson

First off ..killer tiger set !

Very nice colors and print ..........VERY Robin Moore .

Just looked at my 2 pairs and tabs both face back like yours ........I even have a pair that the tabs have been cut off......

Baker made tigers for sure .

owen

• 3 weeks later...

Just got this nice AL right from the soldiers estate. Coat came with several photos including one of the soldier wearing this exact coat. Nice to get these with provenance.

post-2427-0-83488900-1360003730.jpg

post-2427-0-06295600-1360003823.jpg

post-2427-0-49708600-1360003868.jpg

great shirt! the colours are very nice! I saw the auction too...

even more cool to see exact this shirt on the photo with the original owner!

great shirt! the colours are very nice! I saw the auction too...

even more cool to see exact this shirt on the photo with the original owner!

where this was for sale?

Mikko

This one was from Ebay out of Kansas. The other photos just show some aerial shots from inside a helicopter. I will try to contact the seller to see if I can get more info on the soldier and his unit. I have owned quite a few tigers in the past but this is the first I have had with the soldier wearing the same shirt in a photo.

I just heard back from the seller with this info: Soldiers name was Ron in the 1st Cavalry Division. He was a Sgt. In Pleaku. 1967, 1968, 1969. 3 tour vet.

I just heard back from the seller with this info: Soldiers name was Ron in the 1st Cavalry Division. He was a Sgt. In Pleaku. 1967, 1968, 1969. 3 tour vet.

this shirt is a true time capsule!

Mike

Thank you all for the compliments, they are very appreciated. I consider myself very lucky to win this one. I think the reason the coat is in such good condition is because the seller also told me that along with the coat there was a OD boonie hat, Sgt. stripes and a VC ammo pouch in the bag with the coat. Probably all were put in the bag upon the soldiers return. They mentioned that they will not be listing the other items. No worries on that. The coat has a good home.

Hi everyone , new here and wanted some info on a set of tiger stripes that I found at our local thrift store , they are made by tru-spec with the following numbers , shirt 8415-01-390-8544 and the pants are marked 8415-01-184-1355 . I would guess somewhere around 2001 with the number having 01 in them . This store has alot of military clothing and other items . I picked these up and around 8 woodland , 4 flight coverall and several flight jackets for an amazing price since no one else wanted them . Any ideas and thanks . Rick

vintageproductions

If they are made by Tru-Spec they are not original tiger stripe, they are made for the civilian market.

This photograph was taken at CCC Kontum of SFC Bernard Bright who was a member of B Company Exploitation Force. His tiger jacket had an extra pocket sewn onto the left sleeve. I don't know anything about the patterns of the tiger jacket and pants; just thought the image said it all!

post-16479-0-40236600-1360278221.jpg

Mike(Mike Force) Great picture of your pile of tigers. what a great collection .

Randall 1953, What a great shirt especially with provenance. I completely missed that on E-bay.

Mike (Authentic), You are absolutely killing me with all the great pictures you have posted lately. The one above is super.

Randall 1953 reminded me of the late war lightwweight patched tiger set I have that is named and also with a picture of the him wearing it.The shirt and pants were worn by Sgt. Tim k., C. Co. 2/47th inf , 9 inf Div. early 1970.Here is the shirt

post-592-0-23689000-1360288845.jpg

Here are the pants. both shirt are virtually unworn as he was told it was not authorized and was not to be worn again and were packed away until a few years ago.

post-592-0-37904200-1360288958.jpg

And here is the picture . you can see the pattern as well as the patches match. I also have a notorized letter from the original owner.Thanks for looking.

Regards, Mitch

post-592-0-33815800-1360289134.jpg

Awesome picture MTF3! it even looks he have added extra pockets from another lightweight shirt on both sleeves!? Very cool SOG picture!!

BTW where is the thread gone you started with the project sigma guy wearing this chest rig???

Great piece of history Mitch! thanks a lot for showing this!

I'm sure there are not many tiger stripe uniforms documented with original photos out there!

Regards,

Mike