Tiger Stripes Part II

Bob Hudson

thefallenbuddha
And some Tiger Stripe head gear .

So many choices....but only so many heads.

Seriously, excellent collection Kammo-Man!!

• 2 weeks later...

I imagine 'reader's wives' are frowned upon, but the misses was wearing her ARVN pattern trousers today looking rather nice. Those small Asian sizes really lend themselves to womenswear.

post-13485-1335024771.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting Classic Pattern/John Wayne suit belonging to Melvin Williams who served with the 5th special forces group. The shirt and trousers are both size large that have been beautifully re-tailored to give a medium fitting suit with long leg and sleeve lengths. The colour is very unusual - with a distinct tan or gold coloration and stripes starting to purple. As well as the colour, the quality of the printing is quite different to all the other garments I have in the classic pattern - the inking is much heavier, so all the fine detail filled in on the stripes.

post-13485-1335821413.jpg

Corpsmancollector

Great pieces Spike! Can I ask the story behind the Team 2 badged jacket? (and the arc on the left shoulder) Looks killer! The golds are great too, really nice fade to them.

Thanks for posting :thumbsup:

Will

• 3 weeks later...

Hi tigers!

I've found this shirt in Saigon famous military market place in 1999. The cut appear to be VNMC but the pattern looks Thaï??? Anyone could help me to identify?

_mg_0213.jpg_mg_0215.jpg_mg_0314.jpg

[/url]_mg_0311.jpg_mg_0312.jpg_mg_0212.jpg_mg_0313.jpg

Thanks panzerwerk.

The pattern is more like heavy weight late war pattern material. I've forget to precise that the size is a US Small. Not a vietnamese size. This shirt fit to me and I'm not the kind of guy to wear Asian Large shirt... :)

Puff , tour shirt is a modern made by Vietnamese tailor for Dan Sinh Dealer (as stated XUONG B Stamp). The Thai Pattern VNMC was not issued in this cut, only tailor made from the 4 pockets cut shirt

Copran, could you tell me more about Xuong IB? Did this taylor still exist? Since how many time they made replicas?

Copran, could you tell me more about Xuong IB? Did this taylor still exist? Since how many time they made replicas?

XUONG IB was supposed to be a Movie Studio who had many legit ARVN items, all were stamped, many were sold at the beginning of 90s. Later, fakers added the stamps to deceive the buyer (who still think that the items came from the studio 's stocks).

XUONG IB was supposed to be a Movie Studio who had many legit ARVN items, all were stamped, many were sold at the beginning of 90s. Later, fakers added the stamps to deceive the buyer (who still think that the items came from the studio 's stocks).

You said "was supposed" to be a movie studio. Does that mean that is not really sure? Where have you catch this info?

Mike Force
post-13485-1335821532.jpg

Very nice shirt with a realy sweet fading! :thumbsup:

I just have some doubts about the patches!? It looks like these was been added later to your shirt?

cheers