Regimental Ties in US

king802

It was only made irretrievably worse when HQDA conjured up The Signal Corps REGIMENT, etc. And the prize-winner: The Medical Medical DEPARTMENT CORPS Regiment.

Every try to explain to an AVIATOR what the Regimentalization of Aviation was all about? They don't even relate well to Company and Battalion....

It was only made irretrievably worse when HQDA conjured up The Signal Corps REGIMENT, etc. And the prize-winner: The Medical Medical DEPARTMENT CORPS Regiment.

Every try to explain to an AVIATOR what the Regimentalization of Aviation was all about? They don't even relate well to Company and Battalion....

Ever try to explain to someone outside of Aviation what an Aviation Group was? :)

Even INSIDE Aviation !

How about explaining a FIXED Bn versus a FLEXIBLE one? Or ORGANIC elements ? Or define a DETACHMENT ?

I think we had a whole week on that during the Officer's Advance Course when I went back in 85.

The system was screwed up to begin with because many officers had a poor understanding of what a regiment was. It was amazing how many times I had to explain that battalions made up regiments and regiments made up brigades. All too often they thought a Regiment was larger than a Brigade.

Sure, there were problems, but we got another nifty badge to wear on our uniforms!