Navy E Awards

Brian Keith

• 4 months later...
Guest ssgtedusmc
post-1549-1203729471.jpg

National Cash Register Co.

"NCR"

BKW

The pin with "SKF" on the bottom is the name of that company. The initials aren't an abbreviation of the company name as in the case of the pin with ASF is from American Steel Foundries shown here. I have studied the production awards for over nine years and have documented over 130 individual companies with their names on the Navy Bureau of Ordnance E pins, the All Navy E pins and the Army-Navy E pins. The list is available upon request to anyone interested. I also have a web site devoted to these awrds and will post a link to it in the reference section for your perusal.

post-3502-1214982528.jpg

Guest ssgtedusmc
The pin with "SKF" on the bottom is the name of that company. The initials aren't an abbreviation of the company name as in the case of the pin with ASF is from American Steel Foundries shown here. I have studied the production awards for over nine years and have documented over 130 individual companies with their names on the Navy Bureau of Ordnance E pins, the All Navy E pins and the Army-Navy E pins. The list is available upon request to anyone interested. I also have a web site devoted to these awrds and will post a link to it in the reference section for your perusal.

SKF Industries, Inc. was located in Philadelphis, PA

Brian Keith

Thanks again for the information.

Odd that the total name of the company is just three letters (SKF). Do you have any idea what they produced?

I would really like to see your site, I love this type of info!

BKW