Interesting WW II Fabric

Brian Keith

Here is an interesting piece of WW II era fabric. I’ll post an overall and them some close ups. I put a one cent piece on it for size reference.

BKW

post-1549-1203725844.jpg

Brian,

I have seen a a number of pieces of this fabric and yours is in very good (great) condition. It is sometimes identified as a table cloth and may have been used that way by some but it was sold as fabric. One commercial use of this was as a feed bag and Ill post a picture of it as a feedbag from a company called Globe Mills.

Jim

post-1908-1203736036.jpg

Jim, Now that is a cool home front piece!

I unfolded mine compleatly to see if there was evidence of it ever having been a feed bag. Mine measures 34 1/2 by about 32 inches. I didn't see any, so I think mine is just a piece of fabric. I did find the name printed on the edge, "Kent's-Cloth of the United Nations-233".

Thanks for posting the sack!

BKW

• 5 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

You may know this already, but feed sack cloth was often used for making homemade items:kids' clothes, quilt backings, etc. My guess is the feed company offered this fabric as a premium, kind of like the jelly jars that could be reused as drinking glasses.

• 4 months later...