1942 M3 gas mask

Renegade

The M3 masks were either gray or black in color and the m4 was olive drab in color, the M4 also had a rifle skid on the side of the mask (a molded rubber ridge to keep the rifle butt from interfering with the masks harness) at least that is what my research is showing if you have other please inform me.

• 2 weeks later...

this is actually a M4 gas mask as it has a M2 faceblank! note the rifle skid. the M3 were brand new facials and not modified M2, they had no rifleskid and the harness is placed diffrently. in fact all the M4 gas mask have facials made in 1941-42 which then received a shorter hose and the new M10-M10A1 filters.

Thanks! BARman. I looked at your other Post concerning WW2 gas masks and your reply here on this one and I see your points and your references , Very Good!! Based on what I am seeing this mask is a M4 and the reference from olivedrab.com concerning color differences of the mask are incorrect. Again thanks for setting the record straight!! Know I have to go find a M3 :P !!

i'm glad to have helped you.. he only thing i hate about gas mask is that i love them to much but i can't spend too much money on them expecially because shipping a gas mask to italy form the us costs me about 50 $....bloody ocean dividing me from the new world with its beautiful variety of landscapes and its abundance of gas masks!!! :D

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.