Coat Man's Rip Stop 69

reneblacky

G'day All

Here's one I scored last night 196th Inf. Bde. Military Police.

Shame I can only post small pictures

post-104823-0-58576100-1353877397_thumb.jpg

post-104823-0-15672900-1353877436_thumb.jpg

Cool jacket. I like it. Not trying to sharpshoot - but what slot would an MP LTC fill in a separate infantry brigade? I would imagine that they had an MP company or an MP platoon (or both) but not an MP battalion. It would even be unusual to find him on BDE staff. Of course, stranger things have happened.

Very interesting coat, Pugliesi was no doubt as mentioned in the 196th Infantry Division (seperate) at the time he wore this coat. It would be in 1971-72 that it was worn, the Brigade was detached from the Americal Division in November 1971 when the Americal Division was withdrawn from Vietnam, and was to remain and operate again as a seperate Infantry Brigade. Note the Americal Division as a combat patch, he was no doubt in the same slot. In late 1971 it would seem that every swinging richard in the newly seperate 196th Inf Bde wore the Americal as a combat patch, because they were just members of the Americal until very recently. The 196th Inf Bde (Sep) left Nam in June 1972

Of special note is the uncharactoristic wear of the full color 196th Inf Bde, no reason why it was worn like this but it was, I have one in my collection, a full color 196th Inf Bde merrowed edge, but mine the guy is a former 101 infantryman, with one of those German subdued 101 patches with the Black eagle, in any event one can see loads of guys from this unit wearing the full color 196th Inf Bde merrowed edge in the 1971 Bob Hope show at Chu Lai.

Very interesting coat, Pugliesi was no doubt as mentioned the 196th Infantry Division (seperate) at the time he wore this coat. It would be in 1971-72 that it was worn, the Brigade was detached from the Americal Division in November 1971 when the Americal Division was withdrawn from Vietnam, and was to remain and operate again as a seperate Infantry Brigade. Note the Americal Division as a combat patch, he was no doubt in the same slot. In late 1971 it would seem that every swinging richard in the newly seperate 196th Inf Bde wore the Americal as a combat patch, because they were just members of the Americal until very recently. The 196th Inf Bde (Sep) left Nam in June 1972

Of special note is the uncharactoristic wear of the full color 196th Inf Bde, no reason why it was worn like this but it was, I have one in my collection, a full color 196th Inf Bde merrowed edge, but mine the guy is a former 101 infantryman, with one of those German subdued 101 patches with the Black eagle, in any event one can see loads of guys from this unit wearing the full color 196th Inf Bde merrowed edge in the 1971 Bob Hope show at Chu Lai.

Thank you most kindly Patches This is now my top shelf VN Jacket