My Holy Grail

seabee oef

8 years ago i set out on a search to find stuff from my grandpa's WWII bomber squadron. I had been going to every estate sale, garage sale, swap meet and militaria show i could to see if anything from the 603rd bomber squadron would turn up. I have gone to well over 10,000 places always resulting in nothing until yesterday. I went to the Dallas gun show and there sitting in front of my eye was my holy grail. i turned ghost white. The patch on the left is my grandpa's patch he wore on this bomber jacket. The patch on the right is the same patch 68 years old and is a unused original issue 603rd patch and is a thing of beauty that i found yesterday. Grandpa was looking down on me. Thank you grandpa for everything you have done for us and America.

post-492-0-78837300-1404584659.jpg

Let me also extend a sincere thanks to your Grandfather for his service in WWII. What a fantastic patch and a wonderful story! It's great to see patient and perseverance pay off!

I was wondering if any of you guys had some free time and was able to research my Grandpas name in ancestry.com or any other website that would have his info. His name is Edmund W. Welence. I have found he flew 25 missions with the 603rd. the Family dosent have any paperwork on what awards he got only a few photos. any help would be great!