1945 "I am a Doughboy"

hhbooker2

A Home Front publication came out in 1945 titled: "I AM A DOUGHBOY," published and distributed by the Infantry Reserve Traing Center (I.R.T.C.). ENJOY! thumbsup.gif

IRTC is for Infantry Replacement Training Center, one of which was at Ft. McClellan, AL. There were Replacement Training Centers for all of the Army branches throughout the US and some had more than one, like Infantry.

IRTC is for Infantry Replacement Training Center, one of which was at Ft. McClellan, AL. There were Replacement Training Centers for all of the Army branches throughout the U.S. and some had more than one, like Infantry.

ATB: Thanks, good catch, had 75% right for I.R.T.C., ouch! pinch.gif

post-837-1203716129.jpg

How fascinating to look at all of these images to then discover that the first name on the list of autographs is from my hometown and on the same Avenue and within a block of my Mom's childhood home. Wow.

Thanks for taking the time to post all of these pages.

Jim

How fascinating to look at all of these images to then discover that the first name on the list of autographs is from my hometown and on the same Avenue and within a block of my Mom's childhood home. Wow.

Thanks for taking the time to post all of these pages.

Jim

JIM: One never realises just how small the world we live in is, imagine recognizing a named and avenue in your own homnetown mear your mother's home as a child. I decided to show the telkegram and the letter along with the autographs the soldier collected. I have acquired a number of such patriotic printings that almost no one bids on for who knows quite why? Used to ship these items to the library of the NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER at the Washington Navy Yard in Washington, D.C., but not sure such stuff is yet appreciated for what it conbtributed to the war effort and the HOME FRONT? I don't mind taking a few moments to show these postings as someone will somewhere download those pictures and preserve them on a CD or other means of recording, Jim! I have been doing a number of those HOME FRONT booklets, books, brochures, etc. for the forum here, hope some will benefit from it all, God willing! Glad you liked the tidbits here and thank you for writing, Jim! :)

post-837-1203737199.jpg