My pride and joy

bellasilva

Nothing extraordinary, but it is my most cherished item. All parts date to between June and August 1943, except for the barrel, which was manufactured June 1953. I believe it's a Winchester stock. It's a great, accurate shooter. Pics aren't great, but you get the idea.

post-104906-0-66875000-1353708288_thumb.jpg

post-104906-0-61882800-1353708347.jpg

post-104906-0-08672900-1353708455.jpg

So you're free this weekend? I'll be over tomorrow around noon? :blink: I saw a minty Garand with a '65 barrel at the same spot I picked this one up at.. took my about 3 seconds to budget my income for the next few weeks in my mind..it will be mine!! If you have some pics throw them up, I'd love to see them!

If you have some pics throw them up, I'd love to see them!

Well here is my International Harvester;

26apr018.jpg

Here is my Wincester enjoying a nice Fall day;

M-1b1.jpg

The tractor guns (International Harvester) are sought by shooters if they have their original LMR barrels, and by collectors. A Winchester with the correct Winchester parts is priced off the charts because those were the least made, and because it's a Winchester.

By the way, all the M1 Garand's pictured above look awsome.

The tractor guns (International Harvester) are sought by shooters if they have their original LMR barrels, and by collectors. A Winchester with the correct Winchester parts is priced off the charts because those were the least made, and because it's a Winchester.

By the way, all the M1 Garand's pictured above look awsome.

My International Harvester has the original LMR barrel but it is shot out and worn out. I don't want to change the barrel because I want to keep her original. My Winchester is from the CMP and has a Danish VAR barrel and is an excellent shooter. :P

The WWII sling buckles were flat on the back side. Slings after WWII have a round area on the back of the buckle opposite the retaining pin of the closure. If there is any marking on the sling such as MRT 9-53, that would indicate the month and year it was treated with Mildew Resistant Treatment, which would probably also be the same time it was manufactured.

Corpl. Cleaver

Here is my M-1 with some more of the collection. Made by Springfield, June 1941, 272XXX. All correct to the month it came off the line, other than the 1-53 HRA barrel.

Great looking rifles guys!

419579_299453163454493_263417896_n.jpg