WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE SONG FROM A WAR MOVIE OR SHOW?

BEAST

vintageproductions

The name your thinking of for the thematic music is: Burning bridges and is by the Mike Curb Congregation.

Clint Eastwood also sang it on the soundtrack album.....

northcoastaero

I own music CDs from the movies The Final Countdown (Kirk Douglas, Martin Sheen) and Uncommon Valor (Gene Hackman).

In my opinion the sound is great. I recently listened to Brothers in the Night on the Uncommon Valor CD. Purchased the CDs

from amazon.com. Would like to purchase the soundtrack form Iron Eagle in the near future. Hope this helps.

Lots of great music being mentioned here! You could make a great playlist off of the songs mentioned here.

How about the "Panzer Leib" from "Battle of the Bulge"?

How about The Stones' "Paint it Black" from the old tv show "Tour of Duty"? Very apt seeing as how The Stones celebrated 50 years in the music business last night!

Ian-

Because of that show, every time I hear "Paint it Black" on the radio, I get visions of a door gunner in a Huey hosing-down a rice paddy with his M60.

Kurt

• 2 months later...
history-buff1944

"I Left My Love" is a great song but it is not a traditional cavalry anthem, it was written for the movie. Still a beautiful song and one of my favorite even if my heart has always been for Johnny Reb.

Same here. Also, the: Grand March--which was used in Fort Apache--was also played in the Army--being it is an Army related piece.

history-buff1944

Clint Eastwood also sang it on the soundtrack album.....

Thank you and, it was something I had not known. I might look for a K.H album just to hear LCint. He also sang in one of his Apes movies and sang with Ray Charles. I think the song was: "Beers To You?"

Update--didnt see the post with it posted but listened to it. Clints version could have possibly been made into a Country Classic.

history-buff1944

Lots of great music being mentioned here! You could make a great playlist off of the songs mentioned here.

How about the "Panzer Leib" from "Battle of the Bulge"?

Good song and its actual title is: Ob Sturmt odor Schneit.

history-buff1944

One not mentioned (unless im THAT blind?) i really like is the theme to Where Eagles Dare. Another I like is the thematic music for: The Wild Geese.

Being a Clash fan, I've always been fond of Joe Strummer's version of "Minstrel Boy," played over the end credits of "Blackhawk Down."

Fixbayonets!

When the German girl is forced to sing for the French soldiers in the final scene of Paths of Glory............a pretty powerful scene.

Rob