Aging a repo helmet ?

Screamingeagles101

I agree. My At The Front pot has a j hook strap that is about an inch or so longer than any of my originals. The helmets from Jmurray have chinstraps that are roughly the same length of the real deal though. Also I might add that the chinstraps on my original helmets must have all the slack out of the chinstraps in order to reach around the brim. Not the case on most of the repros I have or have seen.

Screamingeagles101

Thanks for the info. It is most likely they are repo, but just out of curiosity the chinstraps and webbing look a lot lighter in color than any of my other repo helmets from at the front, top pots etc. is it just because of the flash or are they very bad repos :(

As far as I can tell it just looks like the lighting in the picture, it looks like they have direct sunlight on them, which could "reflect" from the clean material into the camera lense and make them look a lot brighter than they would look in person.

Screamingeagles101

This was all covered before wasn't it, before you bought it? I believe everyone told you it was repro then as we'll.

Yes I know, it is a repo, this forum was just about aging the helmet.

Screamingeagles101

This was all covered before wasn't it, before you bought it? I believe everyone told you it was repro then as we'll.

Yes I know, it is a repo, this forum was just about aging the helmet.