Tanker Helmet

HattonWWII

A spot of Pecards leather dressing will probably do the dry leatherwork on this (and on your M1 liner sweatbands and liner chinstraps) the world of good.

Nice helmet and goggles though!

Cheers,

Glen.

That's a beauty! Those are nice goggles too! Like Mike said, they're hard to find without scratched up, crazed lenses.

You can find the R-14 earpieces on eBay quite often, usually around $40-50 without the Y loom.

Thanks for posting,

Rick

The complete set would look like this. The receivers are held down by the spring clips and the "Y" loom and jack feed out the back. The throat mic and switch box are optional extras for display.

post-8022-0-60724100-1353439837.jpg

Very nice used example of the Rawlings Pattern tank helmet and exceptionally nice set of M1938 Goggles. Like Mike said, it is very hard to find these goggles with nice clear lenses as they tend to delaminate over time. It is also harder to find good used Rawlings Pattern tanks helmets than it is to find un-issued examples so you have a very good set there.

Larry

Thank you for your compliments! How could i get receivers? Thank you

I've been looking for a real HS-18 headset for a while and there is a seller on ebay who must have unearthed a stash because he's selling them off one at a time. I bought one and already have it - it's totally legit - even in the original box! Good price too, but they're going up each time! Keep an eye on the seller, I hope he'll have more. These are the ones you want for the tank helmet, and they are NOT easy to find anymore.

ebay listing

Great tanker helmet! Here's a question, at the moment I have a set of ANB-H-1 receivers in my tanker helmet for display. Would these ever have been used in a tanker helmet?

Great tanker helmet! Here's a question, at the moment I have a set of ANB-H-1 receivers in my tanker helmet for display. Would these ever have been used in a tanker helmet?

Yes. But the HS-18 headset with R-14 receivers were used earlier and were probably more prevalent. Read this for all related questions.

Very nice Tanker helmet and goggles! I recently bought R-14 receivers and a T-30 throat mic from Bells Aviation (the link that Saberjet provided). They look great on my tanker. If you ask them they may take a couple dollars off the price.

Frank

• 1 month later...