SOG CCC RT member

Spy vs Spy

-FYI, when these two Jungle Jackets where bought I didn't know that this seller had gone over to the other side. He was still respected in my eyes. Today is another story..

When he turned I don't know? How mutch more stuff is out there in collections today? Who knows?

I was lucky to work out a deal with the seller and he bought back one Jacket.

I guess we all get burned sometime, this time it was my turn.

Regards

M

First, for your information Im not trying to make these jackets anything they arn't..

Both of these jackets looks good both outside and inside. That's what's scary!! Take out your original Jungle Jacket center piese, turn it inside out, and look at where the patches are. These 2 looks just the same..

I can't count how many PM and email I have recieved about these jackets.

Questions if they are real!?

Where I bought them!?

If they are for sale!?

Statements saying they are just made yesterday by the seller!?

Some say they are the real deal!?

-Me, Im not an expert. I just don't know and can't tell..

What I can say, they look old and look like the patches has been on these jackets from the very begining (talking about inside / backside of patches).Question is if that begining was 6 months ago!?

Again I don't know, and today I don't care..

One was shipped back and money refunded a while later and the other one is in a box under the stair.

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Martin

Genuine jackets "talk" to you... I am no self declared expert but I have handled thousands of jungle jackets and OG-shirts and when it's good, you can tell it almost right away.

I wish I could have a look at your jackets.

• 6 years later...

ahhhh, a classic Tucker shirt, looks like the same matching tan thread done on the same machine at the same time. Might be worth posting the link to this thread in there 🤷‍♂️ 

14 hours ago, 63 RECON said:

ahhhh, a classic Tucker shirt, looks like the same matching tan thread done on the same machine at the same time. Might be worth posting the link to this thread in there 🤷‍♂️ 

Kudos to “63 Recon” for actually having the sand to post a name.  I’ve been doing this a long time, and - for the life of me - never understand the reluctance to name sources.  Chalk letters on random mailboxes helps no one.  People want to post items to either get kudos, or get opinions to protect themselves; but then won’t try to help others.  

I don’t get it.

• 3 years later...
On 11/23/2012 at 4:37 AM, Spy vs Spy said:

Thanks for all posts so far :)

@River Patrol, I was thinking in that same line. It can clearly be seen that the patch has a more over all faded color then the top of the patch that has been covered by the pocket flap. Thanks for your input River Patrol.

-Im still looking for anyone that can shed some light on the RT IOWA patch or have aditional info about HAWE?

Regards// Martin

These are my dad’s jackets. They are legit.  I was born in 1980 and he had a whole closet full of pictures, jungle fatigues, boots, knives etc… hit me up. I’d love to know where you got them. He and my mom divorced and she got rid of all that stuff. 

On 11/20/2012 at 8:52 AM, Spy vs Spy said:

Hey guys.

I bought 2 Jungle Jackets last week from a known and respected seller / collector.

The two jackets belonged to Richard Hawe.

As seen in Who´s Who he is listed in RT IOWA, but he is not listed in Hardy SOG volume 1, over IOWA.

I sure could need some help here guys.

-So Im asking for help in casting some light over these Jungle Jackets, patches and especially the RT IOWA patch and any aditional information about HAWE.

What info I have found so far from different books and the seller is as follows.

Hawe, Richard L "RICK" SGT TF2AE (Task Force 2 Advisory Element)

(page 57 in Who´s Who from MACV-SOG, by Stephen Sherman)

02 / 13 / 71 - 05 / 01 / 71. RT IOWA 1-1

(page 398 in Who´s Who)

05 / 01 /72 - 02 / 12 / 72 A Co Reaction / Exploitation Elements

(page 393 in Who´s Who)

05 / 01 /72 - 02 / 12 / 72 Special Missions Force (SMF) (Pleiku)

From Creash / Rescue Platoon (TF2AE). Actrd as early field team for JCRC.

(page 404 in Who´s Who)

? Transferred from Command and Control Central Hatchet Force to join Recon Team (RT) TEXAS.

November / December 1971 - March 1972. RT TEXAS 1-1

(page 370 MACV-SOG Team History of a Clandstine Army, by Jason M Hardy)

Seller also provide info that HAWE should have been on RT LOUISIANA.

Sorry I couldn´t make photos any bigger.

If you guys need more photos please let me know. If you need bigger photos I can e-mail the original ones. If you have info you don´t want to post here for any reason please send a PM and I will provide my e-mail.

Best regards// Martin

post-2634-0-39292700-1353422840.jpg

These are my dad’s jackets and they are legit. He had all sorts of stuff stored in our basement including these hanging in a locker along with his dress uniform. My mom got rid of all that stuff (without my knowledge) after the divorced. I’d love to know where you got them. 

23 minutes ago, R80hawe said:

These are my dad’s jackets and they are legit. He had all sorts of stuff stored in our basement including these hanging in a locker along with his dress uniform. My mom got rid of all that stuff (without my knowledge) after the divorced. I’d love to know where you got them. 

He got them from Mike Tucker as stated earlier in this thread. Mike Tucker then sold the other one in a FB group that the original buyer returned when he found out they might be put togethers. 

This is a necro post too from 2020. The OP might still have that one top he got stuck with or not. 

People move on. Bummer your mom did what she did but none of us is taking any of this stuff with us when we die. It just becomes someone elses to deal with.