WW2 EMs' overseas caps with BOS braid.

Sabrejet

No, they aren't all that difficult compared to FSSF! There were other specific units that also used a red, white and blue piping (often sold as FSSF) that are also pretty darned hard to find.

Allan

Interesting, which WWII Branch/Unit then was these Allan, the one's that also used the Red White and Blue piping?

You sure you don't have yopur chemical corps and air corps switched? I had always referred to this logic: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1261-branch-colors-cap-piping-color-reference/ and actually got a 5th Air Force uniform that came with a cap piped in that yellow and blue checkered pattern, not the yellow and blue lined pattern you list.

You sure you don't have yopur chemical corps and air corps switched? I had always referred to this logic: http://www.usmilitar...olor-reference/ and actually got a 5th Air Force uniform that came with a cap piped in that yellow and blue checkered pattern, not the yellow and blue lined pattern you list.

I think what your missing here is that two colored Branch pipings came in all the differant types that were seen. Sabrejet lists them, flecks, and striped, for instance the one Sabrejet posts for the Air Corps is an example of the Striped varient, while yours that you have is a example of the piping done with it's secondary color flecked.

You sure you don't have yopur chemical corps and air corps switched? I had always referred to this logic: http://www.usmilitar...olor-reference/ and actually got a 5th Air Force uniform that came with a cap piped in that yellow and blue checkered pattern, not the yellow and blue lined pattern you list.

Here's another AAF cap. Its two-colour braid is of the "candy twist" variety.

post-8022-0-73469200-1353392648_thumb.jpg

post-8022-0-34902500-1353392756_thumb.jpg

LeadSafe199.jpgHere is an OS cap from a group belonging to a local vet. Amphibious Engineers. LeadSafe202.jpg

Unusual! Never seen that pocket patch worn on a cap like that. Thanks for adding.

If any members have o/seas caps with braid colours not included above (eg black for Chaplains...silver grey /yellow for Finance Corps etc) please feel free to add them below. Thanks!

I've put these two together to illustrate the different styles of braid which were used. Green / yellow = Military Police.

post-8022-0-35802200-1353441929.jpg

post-8022-0-37087900-1353441954.jpg