Big Grouping to WWII and Korea Marine!

BelligerentBlue

BelligerentBlue

Well, this has been a couple weeks in the making, and finally the majority came home with me till the rest is dug up and gathered.

I had the honor of bringing William Lee Fisher's personal collection from his time in service home to my collection. His cousin was given these items after her mother passed away and she wanted it to go to a collector and not someone who was going to resell it. After numerous people at her estate sale trying to buy it and two other gentlemen come over to view the items she chose me to have them.

I have to sort through ALL the paperwork because I'm not sure if the information given to me is exactly correct.

I know he served during WWII and in Korea and was WIA in Korea taking shrapnel to the legs and feet and suffering frost bite.

I'll attach some photos of the whole group, but I have hundreds of photos of his, and I'm also short another photo album of which has the bulldog painted on the front that I will be getting.

post-86536-0-76746300-1353297081_thumb.jpg

BelligerentBlue

Some of the pictures, with where they were taken written on the envelope and a box with his dog tags, whistle, ribbons, EGA's and other misc.

post-86536-0-68497400-1353297803_thumb.jpg

post-86536-0-07901800-1353297835_thumb.jpg

BelligerentBlue

Last but not least... Mr. Fisher was also an artist (this was told to me by his cousin)... and apparently she thinks his spirit might be with something in the collection, but that's a long story.

post-86536-0-69085500-1353298215_thumb.jpg

Brian Dentino

Now this is a great USMC grouping....can't wait to hear more of the research once you have had a chance to sort through this large grouping.

BelligerentBlue

Thanks guys for the comments. I had a little time to try and sort a few things out just based on all the Honorable Discharge Certificates I have for him. It appears, and I could be wrong on how this all works out.

-But he started out in the Army with the 3704th AAF Base Unit and enlisted on 24 OCT 45 before being seperated on 8 FEB 46. -On his Honorable Discharge certificate it states enlisted in the US Marine Corps Reserve for a period of 3 years on 10 JULY 1948.

-Honorable Discharge on 9 JULY 1948 from the USMCR because of enlistment in the "Regular Marine Corps"

10 July 1948 he went into active duty.

- Honorable Discharge from 9 JULY 1952. On the back it states he was an 0311 with an additional MOS Fireman 5861. Participated in: Capture and securing of Seoul, Korea, 5 OCT 1950- 7 OCT 1950; Wonsan- Hungnam- Chosin Campaign, Northern KOrea, 27 OCT 1950- 6 DEC 1950. Wounds received in service 3 DEC 1950; Korea

-I also have an Honorable Discharge from 23 July 1953 from the USMCR stating he was a Basic Aviation Electronics Man 6600, and then lastly one from 5 AUG 1954 from the USMC stating he was a Clerk- Typist 0143 where he did foreign service in Japan and Korea.

• 2 weeks later...
BelligerentBlue

Thanks for the comments guys. I've been pretty busy but it appears life might be slowing down. I will try to get more photos of things and post them and will get better pictures of the seabag to post to this thread and to the seabag thread.