Sears Catalog

craig_pickrall

BTW --> can you imagine guys how had to look the catalog of Nu-Mode company manufacturing during WWII women's dresses? They manufactured the best quality and the best tailored canteen covers. In my opinion Nu-Mode canteen covers are the nicest ones in this category of field gear.

• 1 year later...
General Apathy

Hi Craig, I just found this post you made up from the Sears catalog, I was searching in the forum for work gloves to see what variations that might have been posted by members to compare with ones in my collection.

I loved looking at all the Sears products listed for service use, I have a few of these items in my collection, I found one item today that I considered photographing and showing, but to see it in your Sears posting was an added bonus. You sure put some time and effort into this thread. :thumbsup:

How did I miss your Sears thread first time around. Cheers

Thanks Lewis

Ken, Thanks for bringing this one up again!

Craig,

Are there any A-2 or other flight jackets in the catalog? Several of the late war pilots that I spoke with indicated that they ordered their flight jackets from Sears or similiar catalogs as the government issue jacket was no longer being issued. They wanted to look like the old-timers, not someone fresh from the states.

craig_pickrall
Hi Craig, I just found this post you made up from the Sears catalog, I was searching in the forum for work gloves to see what variations that might have been posted by members to compare with ones in my collection.

I loved looking at all the Sears products listed for service use, I have a few of these items in my collection, I found one item today that I considered photographing and showing, but to see it in your Sears posting was an added bonus. You sure put some time and effort into this thread. :thumbsup:

How did I miss your Sears thread first time around. Cheers

Thanks Lewis

Ken, thanks for the nice comments. Did you find what you needed for gloves? If not I can check the catalog again. Did you see the women's gloves in post # 28?

craig_pickrall
Ken, Thanks for bringing this one up again!

Craig,

Are there any A-2 or other flight jackets in the catalog? Several of the late war pilots that I spoke with indicated that they ordered their flight jackets from Sears or similiar catalogs as the government issue jacket was no longer being issued. They wanted to look like the old-timers, not someone fresh from the states.

I heard from a couple of people after I posted this thread that Sears had a military catalog. I have never seen one but sure would like to. I photoed everything that looked remotely military when I did this originally.

General Apathy
Ken, thanks for the nice comments. Did you find what you needed for gloves? If not I can check the catalog again. Did you see the women's gloves in post # 28?

Hi Craig, thanks I did see the womens gloves as well but it was really in search of men's military work gloves that brought up your Sears thread, which I greatly enjoyed and should lead to me phographing and showing something I have from the catalog.

Cheers Lewis