2012 Birthday Ball EGA Display

usmcaviator

I put this quick display together of a representative example of the EGA from 1868 to modern day for my unit's 237th USMC Birthday Ball. No duplicates, all unique, all authentic. Some of these versions have 5-10 back mark or die variations that would make a whole display of my collection too large. Happy Birthday to all Marines!

S/F,
Mike

post-22-0-19154200-1400019626.jpg

Great display. Did you have a guard posted? Never know what unit that one thief is in.

One thing I found whenever I show some EGA's to Marines, even the most demotivated short-timer gets a spark of motivation looking at vintage EGA's

BelligerentBlue

That is an awesome display. Very nice. One thing I have been wondering through my collecting is, are/ when will they make changes to the EGA or uniforms. Digitals not counting.

That is an awesome display. Very nice. One thing I have been wondering through my collecting is, are/ when will they make changes to the EGA or uniforms. Digitals not counting.

Never, I sincerely hope! Great display, Mike. Semper Fi & belated Happy Birthday!!!!! Bob

Thanks to all for the comments. The cases are "Michael's" shadowboxes, got em for about $60 total after 50% coupon off one item and a 40% off pre-Thanksgiving sale. Used a simple black cardboard mount, just measured evenly and punched them through.

S/F,

Mike

suwanneetrader

REALLY REALLY NICE ! Do you know if there is a publication with them arranged (front and back) in date sequence with good pictures ? I get confused trying to date many of mine. I appreciate you showing any of your great collection. Richard .

As of now, the best reference is the forum's reference section...there's been talk of a 2 volume book for over 5 years, but it hasn't been seen yet

REALLY REALLY NICE ! Do you know if there is a publication with them arranged (front and back) in date sequence with good pictures ? I get confused trying to date many of mine. I appreciate you showing any of your great collection. Richard .

I'll bet we'll see a book based on those in the display!

As of now, the best reference is the forum's reference section...there's been talk of a 2 volume book for over 5 years, but it hasn't been seen yet

Brig,
I reviewed Volume 1 (1775-1918) a few weeks when Dr Fred Bruier stopped by my house to photo and review some of my collection. All I can tell you is the amount of variation and what has not been seen (and what I still have yet to obtain) is staggering. It opened my eyes to much. Fred has been working on it for a lifetime. It will knock your socks off when it hits. I know it's been "coming" for awhile, but I held the final manuscript in my hands. It does exist! Prepare for an EGA blitz in collector interest when it does come.

Attached is a picture of his visit, I had to run home from work (being XO keeps me busy) to meet him, hence the work clothes.

S/F,
Mike

post-22-0-36871300-1400019681.jpg

I'm looking forward to it, but as for the blitz of EGA interest...I think it could go either way. The committed collectors will still be committed, the newer guys might be swayed deeper in or out entirely, being overwhelmed by the quantity out there if there's that much we haven't even seen. There's a ton we have as it is! Everyone braced themselves when the Pacific came out for a blitz of USMC interest, and honestly I don't think it did much to the market. Then again Band of Brothers and Saving Private Ryan did, so you just never know

Speaking of coming out...any estimated release date?