Womans Civil Defense Auxiliary Police Uniform..ERA?

1917enfield

I have a Civil Defense Uniform that I need help on.

I got it @ an local antique shop based on it being complete except the shoes.

I have the Hat, Shirt, Skirt / Belt and a Tanker coat.

Patches look well kept and the hat pin and coat badge look great.It looks like it was kept in a footlocker for the whistle and chain isn't beat up.

Based on the tags it looks 40's / 50's.

I'm no guru but maybe you guys can help me out. I have tons of pics so keep checking back. I thank this is an great example of it's time (which ever that might be).

Now for the badge. I have to say it's got weight and thickness. Not sure how it fits the profile but will look into the name to see if the name plate matches the coat.

010.jpg

005-1.jpg

006.jpg

011.jpg

The Washington Twp. Civil Defense had started and also had 8 Auxilary Police Officers. The Civil Defense was also instrumental in starting the Washington Twp. Fire Company, along with a water rescue unit.

Unfortunately, your badge is 100% fake. Tiffany and Co. never made badges like that, they only made custom made badges of precious metals for presentation. Your badge is just like all of those fake Tiffany belt buckles of the 1970s.

I looked up Auxiliary Police in the book "Dressed for Duty". The patch in this book does not look like yours. The patch in the book is the typical round Civil Defense patch which is blue with a white triangle and the red letters CD. Above the white triangle are the words "Auxiliary Police". This book also says this round Auxiliary Police patch was possibly worn after WWII. I am not sure of the era for your uniform but your patch looks to be even more modern.

...Kat