Tim B

Basic Wings Question

The reverse "sterling" mark. Shame the roller catch is missing on this one. Appears to be a somewhat common problem.

Is there a place or dealer that has a box of these small rollers? I would be curious if anyone knows or might see these at the larger shows like SOS. I would pay for any obviously but would need the correct one for the style of catch. Hoping... ;)

Love the patina that silver takes on over the years! Enjoy.

Tim

post-50776-0-36211000-1361918799.jpg

donation2015.gif

A friendly reminder that my images and material posted here are not to be considered "fair use" or "public domain". If you want to legally use my material outside this forum, for any purpose, my express written permission is requested and required beforehand.

Thank you.

Here's a Smilo & Sons Navigator Wing. The wing pattern appears to be similar to the September 1941 contract seen on the pilot badges. As the navigator rating came into existence a year later, I assume this wing circa 9/42 or thereabouts?

Sharp details and a clean strike!

post-50776-0-58199800-1361938019.jpg

donation2015.gif

A friendly reminder that my images and material posted here are not to be considered "fair use" or "public domain". If you want to legally use my material outside this forum, for any purpose, my express written permission is requested and required beforehand.

Thank you.

A close up of the wing details. With the light catching all the cuts, it appears almost diamond-cut to the eye.

post-50776-0-77576000-1361938217.jpg

donation2015.gif

Thank you.

And, my other wing that is missing the roller part of the catch. :(

post-50776-0-83210700-1361938304.jpg

donation2015.gif

Thank you.