M37 M56 Transitional Photos

Brig

There's been a lot of debate about when the M56 emblems actually saw use. I've heard everything from 1956-1960. I recently acquired some photos in a trade with another member, of the 1957 USMC Birthday Ball at the US Embassy in Ireland...and the Marine detail is wearing an assortment of M37 and M56 emblems...so we know the M56 was definitely in use by November of 1957

and yes, one picture, in case there's any doubt, has the full shot of the cake that has 1957 iced on the front

1957 USMC4.jpg

Great Photo. Note position of Purple Heart. I like it!

Regards,

The Wharfmaster

In Peace and War. US Merchant Marine.

Great Photo. Note position of Purple Heart. I like it!

Regards,

The Wharfmaster In Peace and War. US Merchant Marine.

Good eye....I like it as well, makes a statement!!

I'm thinking he had 2 rows of 4 mounted, and didn't want to pay to reconfigure them. Can't blame him, it's expensive!

I'm thinking he had 2 rows of 4 mounted, and didn't want to pay to reconfigure them. Can't blame him, it's expensive!

I agree.

This is a great photo for both the badge and medal collector. As they say, if you can't find a photo, it didn't happen. Real proof here, with a date and location. Thanks

Best regards,

The Wharfmaster

What is the difference in the 2 emblems? I have a studio picture of me taken in 55. The emblems I'm wearing appear to be in the style of those worn by the chap closest to the camera.

Paul

Salome, AZ

This was taken in 55. I was a cpl by 56. It looks like the cover emblem has the fouled anchor and the collar emblems are plain.

I sure wish I was that young again :-)

Paul

Salome, AZ

post-8488-0-81402300-1353520730_thumb.jpg