An Unknown WWI Era Pouch.

patches

In a book that most members have, Painted Steel by Chris Armold, there is on page 82 a photo of Doughboys of the 90th Division looking at a copy of the London Daily Mail newspaper nailed to a wooden wall. One of them, the one on the far right, has a very large version of a First Aid Pouch, or at least that's what it looks similar too, hanging from his normal First Aid Pouch, can the members who do have Painted Steel check that out? and perhaps it can be IDed, if possible redirect to links that show this or better still scan the photo on page 82.

Sorry to be not much of a help here as I have unfortunately no capacity to scan photos from my little lap top.

A friend acquired an original crate of these many moons ago. It was marked "pouch, general purpose, model of 1916."

Unless someone turns up primary source documentation to indicate otherwise, I do believe all of the other names that we collectors have assigned to this piece of WWI equipment to be just collectorisms.

A friend acquired an original crate of these many moons ago. It was marked "pouch, general purpose, model of 1916."

Unless someone turns up primary source documentation to indicate otherwise, I do believe all of the other names that we collectors have assigned to this piece of WWI equipment to be just collectorisms.

I agree, I think this internet age has proven that once a collectorism is used it seems to stick around.

Unfortunately they seem hard to correct, as some of use were just discussing about the chinstrap loop "bail/bail" collectorism that seems to have no end.

RC