Letter Openers

duarte1223

Here are a couple of the standard souvenier letter openers that I have in my collection. I got one in a big box of stuff I purchased a while ago, and the other at a militaria show a couple years ago.

These letter openers are cheap, from $6-20, depending on the location, and the locations they represent are almost boundless.

They're made of a fired 30-06 shell, a spare bullet, and a pounded down artillery shell.

Feel free to post your own!

Adam

post-101-1168648317.jpg

General Apathy

Hi Adam, thanks for the post on the letter openers, nice field made items. Maybe this 1942 dated PX catalog will be of interest showing commercially made letter openers and other items for sale through the PX system, the prices will be of interest. The catalog has very interesting and informative pages Shoulder sleeve insignia is also shown for sale 5th Div 5 cents, 101st Div 40 cents, 99 Div 55 cents, the costs being aplicable to the amount of color changes and complexity of patch. ( Lewis )

Sorry I have tried fifteen times and cannot get the image to attach, will try again at later date.

Hi Adam, thanks for the post on the letter openers, nice field made items. Maybe this 1942 dated PX catalog will be of interest showing commercially made letter openers and other items for sale through the PX system, the prices will be of interest. The catalog has very interesting and informative pages Shoulder sleeve insignia is also shown for sale 5th Div 5 cents, 101st Div 40 cents, 99 Div 55 cents, the costs being aplicable to the amount of color changes and complexity of patch. ( Lewis )

Sorry I have tried fifteen times and cannot get the image to attach, will try again at later date.

Email it me ken and i'll try and attach it for you if you like?

Dave.

General Apathy
post-344-1168726658.jpgHi, this is another attempt at attaching an image of the advert for WWII commercially made letter openers and similar items sold to soldiers and to the families to send to them. ( Lewis )