Warrant Officer Ranks

hhbooker2

Sorry, uploaded the wrong photo. I'm familiar with the black-on-tan version. Do not recall seeing the brown-on-tan. Photos via internet

DesertCW3.jpg

As far as I know the regulation for subdued WO/CWO insignia has always been "olive drab with black squares." "Unofficial" versions like these were made with the brown embroidery thread from the DCU Army and name tapes. 

On 5/11/2020 at 1:07 PM, Justin B. said:

As far as I know the regulation for subdued WO/CWO insignia has always been "olive drab with black squares." "Unofficial" versions like these were made with the brown embroidery thread from the DCU Army and name tapes. 

Certainly true for the BDU and the 6 -color DBDU.

I find it interesting that the DBDU is still shown in the 2005 version of AR 670-1 while the DCU is not.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

WARRANT OFFICER HISTORICAL FOUNDATION

formerly Warrant Officers Heritage Foundation

A Non-Profit  501 (c) (3) Public Charity

Preserving Army Warrant Officer History ™

History of U. S. Army Warrant  Officer Insignia

WARRANT OFFICER INSIGNIA OF GRADE  - Warrant Officer Historical Foundation (warrantofficerhistory.org)

https://warrantofficerhistory.org/Hist_WO_Insignia.htm

Salvage Sailor
On 1/20/2020 at 5:22 AM, Justin B. said:

Very cool. I'd guess somebody got the date wrong after the fact. The WO insignia was announced in a summary of upcoming changes to the uniform regulations dated 16 March 1921, but the final design and samples were not sent to the Quartermaster Department until May. The did appear in the new edition of uniform regulations dated 14 Oct 1921. Also "bright" buttons and cap/collar devices didn't come in till 1923.

Still looks like 1920 to me (not 1926) but the buttons are gilt which is later in the 1920's

Screenshot2023-12-31105501.png.717384b72fb805a38e7bbe66efb4b0f4.png

Screenshot2023-12-31105528.png.e88411909372aa8cacd6acc88bd6eb08.png