Favorite Movie Lines.

patches

• 1 month later...

A definite favorite of mine, REPEAT PLEASE.....REPEAT PLEASE.....REPEAT PLEASE!!!! :lol: Great lines by the RAF officer too, Classic :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Guadalcanal Diary: Not long after the Marines landed on the island, they capture several laborers who think the Marines are going to kill them. Once the laborers understand the Marines are giving them medical aid, they start repeating the word "Arigatou", which is Japanese for "thank you." In the background you hear William Bendix saying "Ah, we ain't not no avocados." A always laugh at that.

Steve

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From Twelve O' Clock High, when Hunter (Peck) reads about the latest memo on operations sent down from HQ.

Brigadier General Hunter: The guy who dreamed this one up ought to have his brain in a glass jar at Harvard!

Gregory_Peck_Twelve_O_Clock_High.jpg

Absolutley loads.....

my classic standout line again from Apocolypse Now

Lt Col Kilgore .......Someday son this wars gonna end......

endex

Says it all

THE ROCK

Chief of Staff: Hayden Sinclair

Southern China? We've never even admitted we sent troops into China.

General Hummel

How OLD are you Mr. Sinclair?

Chief of Staff: Hayden Sinclair

General Hummel

Well Mr. Sinclair, you've probably got no F****ING idea what I'm talking about! By your 9th birthday, I was running BlackOps into China and my men were responsible for over two-hundred enemy kills. Now someone put some rigging tape over Mr. Sinclair's mouth, he's wasting my time!

Braveheart has some good ones:

William Wallace: You dropped your rock.

Hamish: Test of manhood.

William Wallace: You win.

Lochlan: You disrespect a banner of truce?

William Wallace: From his king? Absolutely.

:lol:Animal Mother (Adam Baldwin) Private Joker (Matthew Modine)

adam-baldwin-as-animal-mother-in-full-me

Animal Mother: You a photographer?

Private Joker: I'm a combat correspondent.

Animal Mother: Well you seen much combat?

Private Joker: I've seen a little on TV.

Colonel Samuel Trautman: You don't seem to want to accept the fact you're dealing with an expert in guerrilla warfare, with a man who's the best, with guns, with knives, with his bare hands. A man who's been trained to ignore pain, ignore weather, to live off the land, to eat things that would make a billy goat puke. In Vietnam his job was to dispose of enemy personnel. To kill! Period! Win by attrition. Well Rambo was the best!

I have always enjoyed the following line from BoB by Wild Bill. It may not be exact, but it goes pretty much like this:

Guarnere: "Yeah we're doing alright, we're doing alright now" (pause),

"But if you hadn't noticed, there's this town down there, and in this town there are these guys, and these guys are called Germans, and these Germans got Tanks. Yeah, and our sides gunna wanna go into this town, you better take one little guess, who they gunna want to go knock'n on their god damn doors?"

Zeph

From the movie 'Battlefield' when the walking wounded were moveing out to the front lines from Bastogne.......

Paratrooper (showing the soldier the M1 Garand): "This is a .30 calibre, gas operated, clipfed, semiautomatic rifle"

Soldier (only used the 03 in basic): "Look, you ain't selling it to me. You're only showing me how it works"

Great movie!

cheers,

-John

• 2 months later...

Another one from A Walk in the Sun. Private Rivera again ( the movie's Comic Relief ) :lol:

The scene where the Platoon finds the two Italian Soldiers wandering around and take them Prisoner and ask them questions about their unit, and about the Germans, if there around and stuff, the Italian American speaker Private Tranella tries to sort out what they're saying, Rivera (Richard Conte), a non Italian Speaking Italian American butts in and says to Tranella duing the chaos.

Ask him, Does he know where I can get a Pizza! :lol:

post-34986-0-86102000-1389419196.jpg

Really, anything John Wayne or Clint Eastwood would say was epic.

Amen.

I think the ultimate war movie line for an American movie is when John Wayen asks David Jansen in "The Green berets" if the reporter had ever been to Vietnam after spounting some drivel about the war. He looks at his feet and mutters, "No," to which John Wayne gives the best (and longest), "Uh huh," in movie history and slowly ambles off. Such a classic scene!

• 2 weeks later...

"Got da Penny" George Luz Bando of Brothers

I have never understood why anyone feels this stands out. The character is only repeating another movie line... :huh:

This sure wouldn't be anywhere on a list of good war movie quotes for me.