Favorite Movie Lines.

patches

I wonder if there will be a good saying or tag line from Brad Pitts character in upcoming Fury that we will be quoting in years to come?!......mike

My vote would be: "Hey boys, do you think Hitler would %^&% one of us for a chocolate bar?"

That whole conversation is the most realistic conversation between Soldiers I have ever seen in a movie.

Wade

Not sure if it was mentioned above, but the scene from SPR when Reiben starts to leave after the SS man is sent away

Pvt. Reiben: You gonna shoot me over Ryan?

Sgt. Horvath: No, I'm gonna shoot you 'cause I don't like ya.

ViewfinderGyrene

HEARTBREAK RIDGE

Col Meyers: are you new to the Infantry Major?

Maj Malcolm Powers: Yes sir, just came over from supply

Col Meyers: Were you good at that?

Maj Malcolm Powers: Yes sir!

Col Meyers:

Well then, stick to it because you're a walking cluster F**K as an infantry officer. My men are hard chargers, Major! Leutenant Ring and Gunny Highway took a handfull of young fire pissers, exercised some personal initiative and kicked @SS!

Looked all the way through here hoping this one wasn't taken! :lol:

ViewfinderGyrene

Auf mich zu direkt!

attachicon.gifl3.jpg

Lol, Pluskat, priceless...

Now for a few of my own:

"Whadda you doing?"

"I'm drinking wine and eating cheese. What are doing?" [nothing like Oddball!]

-----

Also a fan of that brief part in Heartbreak Ridge when the young lady runs out of the shower when the Marines enter the building...all he says [as I remember] is "Oooooorah". LOL! Just call me the resident comedian I guess B);)

-----

My personal favorite out of any movie, should be shown in schools!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD_nbk3ET44

• 4 weeks later...

Not so so much a Line than a Gesture :lol: :lol: :lol:

CATCH-22

post-34986-0-05342000-1425870589.jpg

Captain Yossarian the Bombardier Flips the Bird to the Command Staff in the control tower just before Taxiing out on another gut wrenching mission.

• 2 weeks later...

The poker scene from "Flags of Our Fathers"

Sgt. Strank: Alright listen up you sorry bunch of leathernecks.

We practice going over the side tomorrow which means it ain’t long for this sorry piece of rock.

One more thing any man who doesn’t have his masturbation papers in order better get ‘em signed by tomorrow night or he’s not going overseas.

(Marines affirm they got ‘em signed.)

Franklin Sousley: Wait why am I just hearing about this?

Sgt Strank: That’s horse shinola Franklin I don’t have to repeat everything twice for you.

Sousley: I didn’t hear anything about no masturbatin’ papers.

Ira Hayes: They were running short on ‘em.

Sousley: You know nobody tells me nothin’. Real nice guys.

Strank: Alright check out the officer in charge of records and see if he’s got some left. Let me get your smokes. Now listen if he calls you an idiot, you take it like a man but you don’t leave until they get signed.

Sousley: I appreciate that, Sergeant.

Semper Fi.

Manny

From "We Were Soldiers."

"...anyone of you sons of bitches calls me grandpa. I'll kill ya." - SgtMaj. Basil Plumley.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Black Hawk Down, in the scene where the Rangers are doing PCCs and PCI's and Ewan McGregor is packing water and night vision.

"You're not gonna need that, we'll be back before dark. You might as well bring dope and beer instead."

• 3 months later...

One of a more memorable line I think from They Died with Their Boots On. :D

Custer home on leave in Michigan during the Civil War enters a tavern to hear music he hears coming from the tavern when he's walking by. Turns out it's The Garry Owen being played by another Army officer, a Cavalryman of English extraction. The owner of the Tavern one Samuel Bacon (who's actually the father of Libby, Custer future wife) enters to collect rent, and disapproves strongly of the piano playing and and singing.

Samuel Bacon: Be quiet, you drunken riffraff!

Custer: Riffraff? I advise you to be careful of your words!

Samuel Bacon: I'd advise you to be more careful of your uniform! Bringing disgrace on it with drunken behavior!

Custer: What?...... drunken! Why, you fat little pipsqueak.
This gentleman's a soldier. He stands in battle and gets shot at so that sanctimonious little skinflints like you......can run around in safety doing business as usual.
And if he wants to get drunk while he's on leave, what business is it of yours?

post-34986-0-97647200-1436410116.jpg

Linedoggie

CAPT. Ericson [opening lines as narrator] This is a story of the Battle of the Atlantic, the story of the ocean, two ships, and a handful of men. The men are the heroes; the heroines the ships. The only villain is the sea, the cruel sea that man has made more cruel....

Terence Crepe Hanger Burke: Believe me, in the next war there's gonna be three guys missing - me and the two guys that's chasin' me.

An army's not an *army*, unless it *eats!* It's just a-a walking *famine!*

Jerry Plunkett: If they don't let us at those Boches pretty soon, I'll have to carve me up a top-sergeant!

Crepe Hanger Burke: Don't mind him sarge, he's his own worst enemy!

1SG Big Mike Wynn: Not while *I'm* alive, he ain't!

Charlie Flick

This is an enjoyable long-running thread. However, I am a bit surprised that no one has mentioned any of the immortal lines uttered in "Bridge on the River Kwai". This exchange between the characters played by Sessue Hayakawa and Alec Guiness is one of the more memorable:

Colonel Saito: Do you know what will happen to me if the bridge is not ready in time?

Colonel Nicholson: I haven't the foggiest.

Saito: I'll have to kill myself. . . . . . What would you do if you are me?

Nicholson: I suppose if I were you.....I'd have to kill myself.

Bridge on the River Kwai.jpg

Regards,

Charlie

Platoon: Chris Taylor writting a letter to his grandmother,

Well, here I am, anonymous, all right. With guys nobody really cares about. They come from the end of the line, most of them, small towns you never heard of: Pulaski, Tennessee; Brandon, Mississippi; Pork Bend, Utah; Wampum, Pennsylvania. Two years' high school's about it. Maybe if they're lucky, a job waiting for them back in a factory. But most of 'em got nothing. They're poor. They're the unwanted. Yet they're fighting for our society and our freedom. It's weird, isn't it? They're the bottom of the barrel, and they know it. Maybe that's why they call themselves grunts, 'cause a grunt can take it, can take anything. They're the best I've ever seen, Grandma. The heart and soul.

• 1 month later...

I have a few that I really like that aren't mentioned already.

Kelly's Heroes:

Oddball: Well, yeah, man, you see, like, all the tanks we come up against are bigger and better than ours, so all we can hope to do is, like, scare 'em away, y'know. This gun is an ordinary 76mm but we add this piece of pipe onto it, and the Krauts think, like, maybe it's a 90mm. We got our own ammunition, it's filled with paint. When we fire it, it makes pretty pictures, scares the hell outta people! And we have a loudspeaker, when we go into battle we play music, very loud. It kind of... calms us down.

Crapgame: Try making a DEAL!
Big Joe: What kind of DEAL?
Crapgame: A DEAL, deal! Maybe he's a Republican. You know, Business is business.

----

Full Metal Jacket:

Now, you might not believe it but under fire, Animal Mother's one of the finest human beings in the world. All he needs is somebody to throw hand grenades at him the rest of his life.

Manchu Warrior

"Well he should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend." -William Munny out of Missouri "Unforgiven"

• 1 month later...

First Blood 1982

"Just got this guys info from the Tele Type, John Rambo is a Vietnam Vet , Green Beret, Congressional Medal of Honor"

"The Guys a War Hero"

"I knew there something about that guy"

"Those Green Berets, they're Real Bad @sses"

I'm a big fan of the mid 70s T.V. series The Nignt Stalker.

Here's a couple of lines I that crack me up in the Vampire episode, between Williams Daniels a LA Police Lieutenant and Carl Kolchak, Kolchalk in LA from Chicago on a unrelated story, begins investigating a string of bizarre murders he first hears about on his Police Scanner, tells the LT on the first crime scene, LT Mateo (Daniels), that a Vampire did the killings, a real dead one you know, in fact he insists this, LT Mateo thinks Kolchak is out of his mind. :D :lol:

post-34986-0-61054900-1444874670.jpgpost-34986-0-10257400-1444874529.jpg

Daniels: You put that word (Vampire) on a Teletype, and you be back in Windy City so fast you wont have time to pull your hat down!

On another scene

Daniels: Your going back to Chicago.....AND along the way you can drop of your story in Transylvania.

Apocalypse Now,

Willard: Why do they call you Chef?

WILLARD: 'Cause you like mangoes and stuff?

CHEF
No, sir. I'm a real chef. I'm a saucier.

WILLARD
Saucier?

CHEF
Yes, sir. See, I come from New Orleans. I was raised to be a saucier. A great saucier.

WILLARD: What's a saucier?

CHEF: We specialize in sauces.

Chef: I was supposed to go to Paris, study at the Escoffier School. That's when I got my orders. Well, I joined the Navy. Heard they had better food. Cook school, that did it.

Willard: Oh yeah? How's that?

Chef: They lined us up in front of a hundred yards of prime rib. All of us, you know, lined up and looking at it. Magnificent meat! Really! Beautifully marbled... magnifique! Next thing, they're throwing the meat into these big cauldrons. All of it, boiling it. I looked inside, man, and it was turning gray. I couldn't f**kin believe that one! thats when I applied for engine mechanics school.

post-1885-0-45034900-1444967296.jpg

TAXI DRIVER 1976

Robert De Niro, as the ex-Marine / Vietnam vet cab driver Travis Bickle

"I gotta get in shape. Too much sitting has ruined my body. Too much abuse has gone on for too long. From now on there will be 50 pushups each morning, 50 pullups. There will be no more pills, no more bad food, no more destroyers of my body. From now on will be total organization. Every muscle must be tight."

"Listen, you f**kers, you screwheads. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. A man who stood up against the scum, the c@nts, the dogs, the filth, the sh*t. Here is a man who stood up."

TAXI DRIVER 1976

Robert De Niro, as the ex-Marine / Vietnam vet cab driver Travis Bickle

"I gotta get in shape. Too much sitting has ruined my body. Too much abuse has gone on for too long. From now on there will be 50 pushups each morning, 50 pullups. There will be no more pills, no more bad food, no more destroyers of my body. From now on will be total organization. Every muscle must be tight."

"Listen, you f**kers, you screwheads. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. A man who stood up against the scum, the c@nts, the dogs, the filth, the sh*t. Here is a man who stood up."

:D:lol:

Someday a real Rain will come and wash all this Scum off the street!

post-34986-0-96044200-1445092968.jpg

Iris' father: [in a letter to Travis] Dear Mr. Bickle: I can't say how happy Mrs. Steensma and I were to hear that you are well and recuperating. We tried to visit you at the hospital when we were in New York to pick up Iris. But you were still in a coma. There is no way we can repay you for returning our Iris to us. We thought we had lost her, and now our lives are full again. Needless to say, you are something of a hero around this household. I'm sure you want to know about Iris. She's back in school and working hard. The transition has been very hard for her as you can well imagine. But we have taken steps to see she has never cause to run away again. In conclusion, Mrs. Steensma and I would like to again thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Unfortunately, we cannot afford to come to New York again, to thank you in person or we surely would. But if you should ever come to Pittsburgh, you would find yourself a most welcome guest in our home. Our Deepest Thanks, Burt and Ivy Steensma.

"Im square? your the one thats square man, you call that being hip? What world you from?

post-1885-0-62440100-1445468068.jpg

post-1885-0-04879800-1445468096.jpg