Favorite Movie Lines.

patches

Apocalypse Now

"Charging someone for murder hear is liking handing out speeding tickets at the INDY 500"

"I went through RANGER school at 19 and it dam near killed me, he's was 38 years old?"

"What happened to your hand? were you wounded? I had a little fishing accident on R&R"

• 1 month later...

Another favorite scene from Khartoum, General Sir Garnet Wolseley (Nigel Green) is given his marching orders from Prime Minister William Gladstone (Sir Ralph Richardson) "To Save Gordon"

post-34986-0-18614900-1501213775.gifpost-34986-0-23562500-1501213767.gif

Gladstone: It's up the Nile for you Wolseley! Up the Nile to save one stubborn madman.But let me tell you (Pointing his Finger Now at Wolseley and Speaking Sternly), if you do a Billy Hicks on me.......if you take a British Army into Central Africa and present me with any portion of a disaster......then don't come back! Am I clear?

• 3 weeks later...

"Listen you snot-nose little sh*t, I was takin' shrapnel in Khe Sanh when you were crappin' in your hands and rubbin' it on your face."

POINT BREAK (1991)

"That punk pulled a Glock 7 on me. You know what that is? It's a porcelain gun made in Germany. It doesn't show up on your airport X-ray machines here and it costs more than what you make in a month!"

DIEHARD 2

(The Glock 7 is a fictional 9mm pistol supposedly made entirely out of porcelain that apparently appears in DIE HARD 2 . Rather than constructing custom guns to portray the fictional pistol, first generation Glock 17s were used as a stand-in )

post-1885-0-78231300-1503267496_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

post-32632-0-44119700-1515037840.jpg Major T.J. "King Kong": Well boys, we got three engines out, we got more holes in us than a horse traders mule, the radio is gone and we're leaking fuel and if we was flying any lower why we'd need sleigh bells on this thing... But we got one little budge on them rooskies, at this height why they might harpoon us but they dang sure ain't gonna spot us on no radar screen! Dr. Strangelove, Whatta great movie!

batguano.jpg

Colonel "Bat" Guano: Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: What?
Colonel "Bat" Guano: You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company.

batguano.jpg

Colonel "Bat" Guano: Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: What?

Colonel "Bat" Guano: You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company.

Hey look how he's wearing British Mills bombs instead of U.S. Pineapples :lol:

Hey look how he's wearing British Mills bombs instead of U.S. Pineapples :lol:

Not to mention he's from the 2nd Airborne Division!

Note that he's wearing what we called, "The Texaco Star" when I was actually in the 2nd ID...

The D.I.

TSgt Moore: Out on that drill field yesterday, you people were miserable. You people ain't even a mob. A mob's got a leader. You people are a herd. I'm gonna get me a sheep dog!

Pvt. Owens: I have a headache, sir.

TSgt Moore: You don't have a headache. Only your Drill Instructor is allowed to have headaches. I have 72 of them

• 3 weeks later...

At the end of The Thin Red Line when the words "The End" went across the screen. That was my favorite part of that movie.

I wasn't a big fan of the movie when it came out, either. I doubt many were, having come out soon after Saving Private Ryan had.

But in recent years, I've developed a stronger appreciation for the film. You just have to watch it for what it is; not a competitive film for SPR...

“GUMP,WHATS YOUR SOLE POURPOSE IN THIS MANS ARMY ? TO DO WHAT EVER YOU TELL ME DRILL SARGENT. GUMP YOURE A G— — D — — — GENIUS. That was exactly the right answer. And a classic Drill Sargent reply. The best trainee and Drill Sargent exchange outside of real basic I’ve ever seen. My favorite

• 1 year later...

Crimean War October 1954. A real historical line uttered by and delivered with dramatic panache by a certain Cap't Louis Nolan when the commander of the light brigade, Lord Lucan queried Nolan upon receipt of orders to attack Russian positions, Lucan asked "'Attack, Sir! Attack What? What Guns, Sir? Where and What to do? An exasperated Nolan who didn't think much of Lucan as an officer or a combat leader.......replies

There my Lord! 'There is your enemy! There are your guns!

post-34986-0-47725700-1548991624.jpg

The true to life scene was reenacted in the 1968 classic The Charge of the Light Brigade, with the late British actor David Hemmings as the ill fated Nolan (Nolan and Aide de Camp to one Brigadier General Airey, a QMG, who decided to join in on the Charge, is Killed early into it by artillery shot)

• 2 years later...

I can't believe no one mentioned this classic, often used quote!

Gold Hat: Badges? We ain't got no badges! We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinking badges!

AlfonsoBedoyaasGoldHat8x6_thumb[1].jpg