Favorite Movie Lines.

patches

One of my more recent favorites is from Fury when they run over the mine and damage the tank. It pretty much sums up the enlisted attitude.

Coon-A$$: She's broke as f@#k. Busted a shock too.
Wardaddy: You fix it?
Coon-A$$: Yeah. Why not?

Blade Runner movie 1982:

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain. Time to die."

post-1885-0-82376300-1483833927.jpg

Who can guess what movie this is from? I know do you?

Do I get to play if I won't have to make a guess? Same movies as "yall wanna drink whiskey?"

Admiral Yamamoto in Tora! Tora!

"... I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

(Or was that Chris Matthews after Trump won the election :D)

Quartermaster

From the Band of Brothers - Bastogne episode - foxhole humor .....

Donald Hoobler: "Yo, Frank."

Frank Perconte: "What is it?"

Donald Hoobler: "Lemon powder snow cone."

Frank Perconte: "Pass."

Donald Hoobler: "Merry f¥¢king Chistmas."

The Right Stuff.

That's right, you got it, funny line right!

For those unfamiliar with the scene.

That's LBJ(before he was President and was a senator)

Salvage Sailor

From the Big Lebowski - Walter Sobchak (Vietnam Vet)

Smokey this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules.......This is a league game

• 2 weeks later...

"We Got Zips in the Wire Down here"

"For the record, it's my call. Dump everything you got left on my pod. I say again, expend all remaining in my perimeter. It's a lovely f@cking war. Bravo Six out."

Captain Harris from the movie PLATOON

• 3 months later...

Lt Col J D H Stewart To Prime Minster Gladstone: Sir! if General Gordon accepted your proposal in the conditions of today, my respect for him would end........Why He'd be the vainest man alive!

post-34986-0-63747500-1495555042.jpg

So many great lines from Apocolypse Now and why I can watch it over and over and still hear something new...

One from Col Kurtz

Kurtz: I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror... Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies! I remember when I was with Special Forces... seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate some children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there, and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried, I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out; I didn't know what I wanted to do! And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it... I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought, my God... the genius of that! The genius! The will to do that! Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we, because they could stand that these were not monsters, these were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men, our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment! Because it's judgment that defeats us.

Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?

Lance: What?

Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that.

[kneels]

Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like

[sniffing, pondering]

Kilgore: victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

post-342-0-71672400-1495569892_thumb.jpg

Kurtz: Did they say why, Willard, why they want to terminate my command?

Willard: I was sent on a classified mission, sir.

Kurtz: It's no longer classified, is it? Did they tell you?

Willard: They told me that you had gone totally insane, and that your methods were unsound.

Kurtz: Are my methods unsound?

Willard: I don't see any method at all, sir.

Kurtz: I expected someone like you. What did you expect? Are you an assassin?

Willard: I'm a soldier.

Kurtz: You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

Capt.Williard going up river....
Willard: [voice-over] "Never get out of the boat." Absolutely goddamn right! Unless you were goin' all the way... Kurtz got off the boat. He split from the whole f*ckin' program.

Willard: [voice-over] "Someday this war's gonna end". That'd be just fine with the boys on the boat. They weren't looking for anything more than a way home. Trouble is, I'd been back there, and I knew that it just didn't exist anymore.

Willard: [voice-over] No wonder Kurtz put a weed up Command's rump. The war was being run by a bunch of four star clowns who were gonna end up giving the whole circus away.

Kilgore: How're you feeling, Jimmy?

Door Gunner: Like a mean motherf*cker, sir!

Willard: [voice-over] The machinist, the one they called Chef, was from New Orleans. He was wrapped too tight for Vietnam; probably wrapped too tight for New Orleans. Lance, on the forward .50s, was a famous surfer from the beaches south of LA. One look at him and you wouldn't believe he ever fired a weapon in his whole life. Clean... Mr. Clean... was from some South Bronx sh^thole and the light and space of Vietnam really put the zap on his head. Then there was Phillips, the Chief. It might have been my mission, but it sure as shinola was the Chief's boat!

Willard: [voice-over] The First of the Ninth was a old calvary division that traded in their horses for helicopters and went tear-assing around 'Nam looking for the sh*t...

Willard: [voice-over] If that's how Kilgore fought the war, I began to wonder what they really had against Kurtz. It wasn't just insanity and murder; there was enough of that to go around for everyone.

[quoting Kurtz]

Willard: In a war there are many moments for compassion and tender action. There are many moments for ruthless action - what is often called ruthless - what may in many circumstances be only clarity, seeing clearly what there is to be done and doing it, directly, quickly, awake, looking at it.

Chief Quartermaster (QMC) Phillips: My orders say I'm not supposed to know where I'm taking this boat, so I don't! But one look at you, and I know it's gonna be hot!

Willard: We're going up river about 75 klicks above the Do Lung bridge.

Chief Quartermaster (QMC) Phillips: That's Cambodia, captain.

Willard: That's classified. We're not supposed to be in Cambodia, but that's where I'm going.

[quoting Kurtz]

Willard: As for the charges against me, I am unconcerned. I am beyond their timid lying morality, and so I am beyond caring.

Willard: [voice-over] The crew were mostly kids; rock & rollers with one foot in their grave.

Kurtz: What do you call it when the assassins accuse the assassin? A lie. A lie and we have to be merciful.

• 2 weeks later...

For the June 6th anniversary.

Always loved this line from Richard Todd (Major John Howard 2nd Battalion Oxfordshire & Buckinghamshire Light Infantry) in The Longest Day.

UP THE OX AND BUCKS!.........UP THE OX AND BUCKS!

post-34986-0-69684700-1496804633_thumb.jpg