Favorite Movie Lines.

patches

I have never understood why anyone feels this stands out. The character is only repeating another movie line... :huh:

This sure wouldn't be anywhere on a list of good war movie quotes for me.

I guess it's the way he says it, and the face he makes while doing it that makes it a memorable line from BOB.

Whoops I just said it again just now as I write GOTTA PENNY? :lol:

Hollis P. Wood (Slim Pickens), inside a Japanese sub and then eyes a German Officer.

"A Nazi! I knew you all was in cahoots!"

attachicon.gifA nazi!.jpg

That's a good one, did you check out the whole topic from the start yet? I put a few one's in from 1941.

1941 again, with the Japanese sub crew unable to get Slim Pickens' giant radio through the hatch:

"We've got to find a way to make these things smaller"

That's a good one, did you check out the whole topic from the start yet? I put a few one's in from 1941.

Yup! That's how I remembered this one :D !

Joe

Here is another one with Slim Pickens in the same submarine scene. He apparently swallowed something noteworthy (don't remember what), that the Japs (No offense to my Japanese amigos), want really bad. The crew starts jibbering about how to retrieve the goods and so Hollis tells them,

" you ain't gonna get s##t outta me!"

post-120035-0-37672500-1390520086.jpg

Here is another one with Slim Pickens in the same submarine scene. He apparently swallowed something noteworthy (don't remember what), that the Japs (No offense to my Japanese amigos), want really bad. The crew starts jibbering about how to retrieve the goods and so Hollis tells them,

" you ain't gonna get s##t outta me!"

attachicon.gifYou ain't gonna get shinola out of me!.jpg

Yeah he eat a tiny Compass that was found in a box of Cracker Jacks Hollis had on his person when the Nips grabbed him :lol:

Hollis P. Wood (Slim Pickens), inside a Japanese sub and then eyes a German Officer.

"A Nazi! I knew you all was in cahoots!"

attachicon.gifA nazi!.jpg

Here's the whole line Joe, FUNNY

Hollis Wood to Kapitan Von Kleinschmidt: [after seeing von Kleinschmidt] post-34986-0-17179400-1390531466.gif Jesus Palomino!

A NAZI!

I knew it, you're all in cahoots! Well let me tell you something, Mr. Heinie Kraut

I fought your kind in the great war, and we kicked the living sh** out of you!

I get a chuckle every time I think of those lines :lol: !

Thanks for the added details Patches, as I was going on what I could remember. Like Chief Dan George said in The Outlaw Josey Wales, 'old age is creeping up to me!' :blink:

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a classic...

The whole time Rafterman is about to lose his lunch...

Door gunner: "You should do a story about me".

Joker: "Why should we do a story about you?"

Door gunner: "Cuz I'm so f...ing good. I got me 120 dead gooks killed".

Joker: "Any of them women...or children?"

Door gunner: "Sometimes"

Joker: "How can you kill women...& children?"

Door gunner: "Easy...just don't lead them as much. Haha. Ain't war hell?"

From Platoon as King gets his orders out of the bush just before the final battle against an entire NVA regiment, he gives some advice to Charlie Sheen;" Keep your dick hard, your powder dry, and the world will turn"

Kurt Barickman

Sound advice for any occasion.....

I've been partial to this exchange in "The Longest Day" -- a conversation between 2 German officers, one (Pluskatt) seeing the invasion fleet.

[Major Werner Pluskat (played by Hans Christian Blech) has just seen the Allied invasion fleet]
Major Pluskat: My God! The invasion! They're coming!
Wehrmacht Officer: [to soldiers] Alarm!!!
Pluskat: [calls higher command in a panic] Herr Oberstleutnant! The invasion has come! Five thousand ships, there - there must be over five thousand ships out there!!
Oberstleutnant Ocker: [ignorantly confident] Now get a hold of yourself, Pluskat. The Americans and the British don't have half as that many ships all together.
Pluskat: DAMMIT, IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME, COME UP HERE AND SEE FOR YOURSELF!! - That's fantastic! That's unbelievable! I-I just can't believe it!
Ocker: [chuckling] My dear Pluskat, what course are these ships heading for?
Pluskat: STRAIGHT FOR ME!!!
The later in the film they pick up the conversation where they left off:
Oberstleutnant Ocker: "Pluskat? Pluskat, can you hear me?! What's the matter with you?? Pluskat, what's going on there??"
Major Pluskat: "Are you deaf?! Can't you - [a blast holes the bunker roof] Dammit, can't you hear for yourself?!? Yes! We're under fire! Yeah - under fire!! Those five thousand ships the Allies couldn't possibly have as you say - they've got 'em! Yeah, they've got 'em!!

I've been partial to this exchange in "The Longest Day" -- a conversation between 2 German officers, one (Pluskatt) seeing the invasion fleet.

[Major Werner Pluskat (played by Hans Christian Blech) has just seen the Allied invasion fleet]
Major Pluskat: My God! The invasion! They're coming!
Wehrmacht Officer: [to soldiers] Alarm!!!
Pluskat: [calls higher command in a panic] Herr Oberstleutnant! The invasion has come! Five thousand ships, there - there must be over five thousand ships out there!!
Oberstleutnant Ocker: [ignorantly confident] Now get a hold of yourself, Pluskat. The Americans and the British don't have half as that many ships all together.
Pluskat: DAMMIT, IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME, COME UP HERE AND SEE FOR YOURSELF!! - That's fantastic! That's unbelievable! I-I just can't believe it!
Ocker: [chuckling] My dear Pluskat, what course are these ships heading for?
Pluskat: STRAIGHT FOR ME!!!
The later in the film they pick up the conversation where they left off:
Oberstleutnant Ocker: "Pluskat? Pluskat, can you hear me?! What's the matter with you?? Pluskat, what's going on there??"
Major Pluskat: "Are you deaf?! Can't you - [a blast holes the bunker roof] Dammit, can't you hear for yourself?!? Yes! We're under fire! Yeah - under fire!! Those five thousand ships the Allies couldn't possibly have as you say - they've got 'em! Yeah, they've got 'em!!

Auf mich zu direkt!

post-34986-0-66840300-1391547418.jpg

And who could forget this one also from "The Longest Day"

Flight Officer David Campbell (Richard Burton)[pointing out the German officer he killed]: Have you noticed anything peculiar about him?

Pvt “Dutch” Schultz (Richard Beymer): No.

Campbell: He's got his boots on the wrong feet.

Schultz: He must have been in a big hurry, huh?

Then a few seconds later…

Campbell: He’s dead. I’m crippled. You’re lost. I suppose it’s always like that. I mean war.

A classic from "The Dirty Dozen"

Pinkley (Donald Sutherland) [impersonating a General]: Where are you from, son?

Soldier: Madison City, Missouri, sir!

Pinkley: Never heard of it.

Hollis Wood: You sneaky little batards aren't getting doodly sh!t from me. Except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185.

But the best lines have to come from Dr. Strangelove:

Col. Bat Guano: Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?

Group CPT. Mandrake: What?

Col. Bat Guano: You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company.

And of course good old Slim Pickens was in that one too:

MAJ. Kong: Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.

Slim Pickens, the guy who had the quote of quotes, from Blazing Saddles: "We'll make Rock Ridge think its a chicken that got caught in a tractor's nuts"

Hello Joe Whaddya Know!

post-34986-0-00658800-1391922840.jpg

On patrol, Holley (Van Johnson) is very suspicious. Our guys are Jarvess (John Hodiak) and Roderiques (Ricardo Montalban) and they come upon a jeep with a Major and two other guys

Holley: What's the password?
Major: Texas. (Then he whispers to his men:) Keep 'em covered they may be Germans.
Holley: Any lions in these woods major?
Major: I didn't hear the countersign.
Holley: Leaguer. Texas Leaguer.
Major: Which road'll take us to Third Bat headquarters?
Holley: Straight ahead.
Major: (To his driver) Get going.
Holley: Just a minute. Just what is a Texas leaguer, major?
Major: How's that?
Holley: I said 'what's a Texas leaguer'?
Major: It's some kind of baseball term.
Holley: What kind?
Driver: A safe hit over the head of the infielder—
John: Nobody asked you. How did the Dodgers make out this year?
Major: Hey, who's your commanding officer?
Jarvess: Whoever he is he knows how the Dodgers made out.
Holley: Let's see your dog tags.

Major: What?
Jarvess: Come on, we're not taking any chances.
(At this point Holley starts to speak German to them and try to trick them into speaking German back.)
Holley: Spreken ze Deutsche?
Major: What is this?
Holley: Was ist dein name?
Major: What kind of nonsense—
Holley: Schnell!! Schnell!! Name! Name! Spreken ze
(The guys in the Jeep start to freak out and aim their weapons. And now the dialogue moves at rapid speed between the guys.)
Major: Drop those rifles.
Driver: You. Who's Betty Grable going with?

Roderiques: Cesar Romero.
Driver: Shut up. Who's the Dragon Lady?
Jarvess: She's in Terry and the Pirates.
Driver: What's a hotrod?
Holley: A hopped-up jalopy.
Driver: Hello Joe whaddya know?
Holley: Just got back from a vaudeville show! I guess they're okay!
Major: Thank you sergeant.
Holley: PFC, major. Praying for civilian. That's why I believe in being careful. May I suggest, sir, that you study up on baseball?
Major: I guess I'd better. And by the way, you might tell your buddy that Cesar Romero is out. She's married to Harry James.

I knew a vet who's since passed on, was raised on a farm in the midwest, didn't know anything about popular culture at all. He got caught up in a situation during the later stages of the bulge offensive when every GI thought every other GI was a German. He said he had more weapons pointed at him by GIs during WW2 than any Germans, as he failed these spot tests, couldn't answer any of them (he said he knew football stuff as he wasn't a baseball fan, that was the only thing he knew of life outside the farm he grew up on) and people from his unit got so fed up for having to send someone to go vouch for him, he was never allowed to travel alone until that mess blew over.

He once told me the scene above in "Battleground" was very correct, to his experiences.

Hello Joe Whaddya Know!

attachicon.gifbattleground.jpg

On patrol, Holley (Van Johnson) is very suspicious. Our guys are Jarvess (John Hodiak) and Roderiques (Ricardo Montalban) and they come upon a jeep with a Major and two other guys

Holley: What's the password?

Major: Texas. (Then he whispers to his men:) Keep 'em covered they may be Germans.

Holley: Any lions in these woods major?

Major: I didn't hear the countersign.

Holley: Leaguer. Texas Leaguer.

Major: Which road'll take us to Third Bat headquarters?

Holley: Straight ahead.

Major: (To his driver) Get going.

Holley: Just a minute. Just what is a Texas leaguer, major?

Major: How's that?

Holley: I said 'what's a Texas leaguer'?

Major: It's some kind of baseball term.

Holley: What kind?

Driver: A safe hit over the head of the infielder—

John: Nobody asked you. How did the Dodgers make out this year?

Major: Hey, who's your commanding officer?

Jarvess: Whoever he is he knows how the Dodgers made out.

Holley: Let's see your dog tags.

Major: What?

Jarvess: Come on, we're not taking any chances.

(At this point Holley starts to speak German to them and try to trick them into speaking German back.)

Holley: Spreken ze Deutsche?

Major: What is this?

Holley: Was ist dein name?

Major: What kind of nonsense—

Holley: Schnell!! Schnell!! Name! Name! Spreken ze

(The guys in the Jeep start to freak out and aim their weapons. And now the dialogue moves at rapid speed between the guys.)

Major: Drop those rifles.

Driver: You. Who's Betty Grable going with?

Roderiques: Cesar Romero.

Driver: Shut up. Who's the Dragon Lady?

Jarvess: She's in Terry and the Pirates.

Driver: What's a hotrod?

Holley: A hopped-up jalopy.

Driver: Hello Joe whaddya know?

Holley: Just got back from a vaudeville show! I guess they're okay!

Major: Thank you sergeant.

Holley: PFC, major. Praying for civilian. That's why I believe in being careful. May I suggest, sir, that you study up on baseball?

Major: I guess I'd better. And by the way, you might tell your buddy that Cesar Romero is out. She's married to Harry James.

This is probably one of my favorite lines ever from any movie.

-Dave

• 2 weeks later...

"Dpnt piss down my back and tell me its raining" : The Outlaw Josey Wales

and my all time favorite

"I wonder what bitte-bitte means" from the Longest Day when the Rangers have reached the top of Point Du Hoc

• 2 weeks later...

Waterloo 1970, the scene before the kick off of the ball, when the British Troops are wipped up by their Officers and Non Coms.

post-34986-0-24919500-1394341134.jpg

Officers and NCOs-Who's the lad who leathers the French?

Troops Reply- Our Atty!

- Who gives salt to Marshal Soult?

- Our Atty!

- Who gave Johnny Francois a jolt?

- Our Atty!

- Who will peck Boney's bum?

- Our Atty!

- Who makes the "Parlez-vous" to run?

- Our Atty!

- Who's the boy with the hooky nose?

- Our Atty!

- Who's the lad who leathers the French?

- Our Atty!

- Who's the boy to kick Boney's arse?
- Our Atty!