Favorite Movie Lines.

patches

The series, "Anzacs, the war down under" has a bunch of great lines by Paul Hogan who played 'Cleary':

Cyril Henshaw: As your Member of Parliament, most of you know me.

Pat Cleary: For those of you who don't, keep your hands on your wallets.

Cyril Henshaw: As one whose duty is on the home front. I want you boys to know that Cyril Henshaw is right behind you.

Pat Cleary: Yeah! 12,000 miles behind you.

Sgt. Tom McArthur: You might think it is the high-and-mighty officers who run this army. Well, you are dead wrong. It's the sargeants.

Pvt. Pat Cleary: (mumbling) I thought Bligh was a captain, not a sargeant.

Sgt. Tom McArthur: What did you say?

Pvt. Pat Cleary: I said they should've made you a captain, sargeant.

Pvt. Pat Cleary: (asked by Sgt. McArthur to introduce himself) Cleary. Middleweight champion of North Queensland. Champion horsebreaker of the Outer BarQ. And breaker of women's hearts everywhere.

Sgt. Tom McArthur: Anything else?

Pvt. Pat Cleary: Well, sometimes I tell lies.

Sgt. Tom McArthur: Shut up, Cleary.

LCpl. Pat Cleary: (to some Germans he just took prisoner) Where you are going there is lots of thacker, uh food.

German soldier: You have bully beef?

LCpl. Pat Cleary: Crikey! You blokes really are starving.

Good stuff Willy, the scene with Cleary's intro is actually on Youtube.

Enjoy everybody :lol:

Too bad this ANZACS isn't available here in America, or is it?

Too bad this ANZACS isn't available here in America, or is it?
It's not. It was originally a TV series, and was only released on a edited version on VHS many years ago and no other NTSC format. I'd shell out some serious coin to have a DVD of the original series!

It's not. It was originally a TV series, and was only released on a edited version on VHS many years ago and no other NTSC format. I'd shell out some serious coin to have a DVD of the original series!

Yes, now that you mention it, I remember renting the VHS tape way back in the late 80s early 90s about three times, It was I believe a double tape rental. It was long, and it was excelent, I was astonished to find it is even longer, alot longer than the VHS tapes I seen. I'll have to look around I think Belle & Blade has it, on VHS I believe, the whole series I think with more than two tapes, but if I can recall it's real expensive.

Good one patches, that looks like the one some folks are looking for.

http://www.warshows....il.bok?no=10857

I rented some of my WW1 aussie items to the production company of 'The ANZACs' to copy, all were returned except for a pair of long officer's boots, they ended up being used during filming and were ruined, the producers ended up buying them from me after a solicitor's letter was sent.

cheers,

-John

Good one patches, that looks like the one some folks are looking for.

http://www.warshows....il.bok?no=10857

I rented some of my WW1 aussie items to the production company of 'The ANZACs' to copy, all were returned except for a pair of long officer's boots, they ended up being used during filming and were ruined, the producers ended up buying them from me after a solicitor's letter was sent.

cheers,

-John

So then this one from Belle & Blade is the real deal? the whole series?

• 1 month later...

Bob Newhart in Hell is for Heroes trying to fool the germans about the weak point in the line:

Don't send them up here. Sir, I have five men in each foxhole now. I don't have room for anymore, sir.

Have you tried Charlie company, sir?

Oh, I see. Well, sir, there's still a war going on in Japan, you know, sir, you might send them over there.

HEARTBREAK RIDGE

Col Meyers: are you new to the Infantry Major?

Maj Malcolm Powers: Yes sir, just came over from supply

Col Meyers: Were you good at that?

Maj Malcolm Powers: Yes sir!

Col Meyers:

Well then, stick to it because you're a walking cluster F**K as an infantry officer. My men are hard chargers, Major! Leutenant Ring and Gunny Highway took a handfull of young fire pissers, exercised some personal initiative and kicked @SS!

Bob Newhart in Hell is for Heroes trying to fool the germans about the weak point in the line:

Don't send them up here. Sir, I have five men in each foxhole now. I don't have room for anymore, sir.

Have you tried Charlie company, sir?

Oh, I see. Well, sir, there's still a war going on in Japan, you know, sir, you might send them over there.

Yeah that was funny, it was actully something that Newhart did in his stand-up routine, here he just used it cleverly to fit a combat senario.

Here's the scene, not sure if it will take, or how long it will stay posted, YT does not have it, found it on this one, liveleak.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=730_1306901030

littlebuddy

the best lines have gotta be Harry Connick Jnr singing "Danny Boy" in Memphis Belle !!! what a swinging tune Daddio !!

From my favorite movie of all time...

"Smokey this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."

history-buff1944

Found a still from that exact sequence. it was one powerful scene among many powerful scenes in this movie.

attachicon.gifphpPNzp9RAM.jpg

Believe it or not? I THINK I have this still? I know I have a couple from the movie that I forgot I had but--I THINK this is one of them??

history-buff1944

"Ehhhhhh....what's up doc?"

A couple of months ago I picked up an original picture of Bugs Bunny as bomber nose art. I THINK he is on a B-29??? Anyway, his caption said: "High, Eh Doc?"

• 2 weeks later...
Flightpath

So then this one from Belle & Blade is the real deal? the whole series?

Yep, that's the fair dinkum set for the whole series mate! ;)

-John

I got Anzacs on DVD original release too. Try searching ebay.com.au

I like a line in 'The Eagle has Landed' a Ranger calls to his officer on the radio 'I got that truck with a bazooka' officer 'THAT TRUCK what the hell do they want a Silver Star'...

Here a real gem from The Eagle Has Landed :lol::lol::lol:

post-34986-0-35745100-1369940059.jpg

Colonel Pitts (Larry Hagman) to Captain Clark (Treat Williams) : If anything happens to Churchill, they're going to hang you from Big Ben by your balls.

history-buff1944

I HAD what your looking for but loaned it out to a guy (IVAN) in another State over 3 YEARS ago and its never been returned--or id gladly make you a copy.

Thanks Patches

Colonel Pitts, thats him...

That line with the Bazooka, truck and Silver Star always killed me.

Kurt Barickman

From Platoon as King gets his orders out of the bush just before the final battle against an entire NVA regiment, he gives some advice to Charlie Sheen;" Keep your dick hard, your powder dry, and the world will turn"

Kurt Barickman

history-buff1944

One of many favorites from: We Were Soldiers.

Soldier tells Sergeant major Plumley something about the weather.

"What are you, the f__king Weatherman now?" :lol::lol: Gets me every time.

Another few classics from 'We Were Soldiers';

CSM Plumley (Sam Elliot), during the final NVA assault where the battalion CP is about to be overrun, racks the slide on his trusy M1911A1 and yells "Gentlemen, prepare to defend yourselves!"

LTC Hal Moore (Mel Gibson), realizing his battalion is about to be overrun, turns to his RTO and shouts "Broken arrow!" And the skies open up...

And let's roll back a few years to "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon". CPT Nathan Brittles (John Wayne) suspects his old comrade, Top Sgt Quincannon (Victor McLaglen) has been drinking on duty. When he denies it Brittles turns to him, gives a quick sniff and exclaims "Quincannon, your breath smells like a hot mince pie!" In my opinion that way the Duke's finest role.