Favorite Movie Lines.

patches

And of course the chewing session in Full Metal Jacket (still cracks me up) from R. Lee Ermey.
Ermey told me once that one of the most popular poses people ask of him when getting photos of them with the man is him choking them, based on the "now choke yourself" line in that movie.

I've taken to using that line in recent years when dealing with stupidity. Even if people know the movie, nothing stops them in their tracks faster than someone looking them dead in the eye with a disgusted look, saying, "now, go choke yourself!"

I just noticed that the image of Patton against the backdrop of Ol' Glory appears to be reversed! That's how it was on the net. :o

The whole photo is reversed, look at the man's ribbons...

Francis: It ain't D-E-R-E, it's D-E-A-R. and Sarah ain't got no two R's, King. Damn, you dumb!

King: It don't make no difference. She know what I mean. She don't read too good nohow.

Platoon, 1986

A real good line, uttered by Charlton Heston's charactor in Gray Lady Down, frustrated about being unable to gain radio contact and scared about his boat and his crews safety he says....

I FEEL LIKE A ONE LEGGED MAN IN AN A/S/S KICKING CONTEST!!!!

post-34986-0-00447700-1353123332.jpg

"Sands of Iwo Jima" after the fight between John Wayne and John Agar, "Everybody makes mistakes, but when we make istakes, somebody don't go home, forever more he don't go home". Used to use that line in Leadership training.

Steve

This little exchange from Black Hawk Down always makes me chuckle:

[Durant and Wolcott talk over the intercom as they fly past each other in their helicopters]

Durant: Six-One, this is Six-Four, go to UHF secure. I've got some bad news.

Cliff Wolcott: Limo is a word, Durant. I don't want to hear about it.

Durant: It is not a word. It's an abbreviation of a word.

Cliff Wolcott: Limo is a word in common usage. That is the key phrase in scrabble, my friend, common usage.

Durant: No! If it's not in the dictionary, it doesn't count.

Cliff Wolcott: It doesn't have to be in the dictionary!

Durant: It does have to be in the dictionary! Listen, when we get back to base, it's coming off the board.

Cliff Wolcott: You touch my limo and I'll spank you, Night Stalker. You hear me?

Durant: Yeah. Promises.

The very one!

A good book and film (you are speaking of the one starring Gregory Peck from about 1955?), but I wouldn't say it was a military film. ;)

It is nice to know it's not forgotten however,

RC

........... but I wouldn't say it was a military film. ;)

RC

RC,

I was careful to reread the title of the thread.......it just says "favorite movie lines".

post-34986-0-87484300-1353214360.jpg

Auda eventually grants his "hospitality" and invites them to dine with him, and the Harith Arabs are grandly welcomed to the Howeitat encampment. In his tent, the vain Auda asks about their Aqaba mission against the Turks. Lawrence speaks of Arab unity and seeks to identify himself with the Arab cause:

Lawrence: We do not work this thing for Feisal.

Auda: No! For the English then?

Lawrence: For the Arabs.

Auda: The Arabs?...What tribe is that?

Lawrence: They are a tribe of slaves. They serve the Turk.

Auda: Well, they are nothing to me. My tribe is the Howeitat.

Ali: Work only for profit.

Auda: Work at Auda's pleasure.

Lawrence: And Auda's pleasure is to serve the Turk.

Auda: Serve!....I serve?

Lawrence: It is the servant who takes money.

Auda (rising enraged): I am Auda Abu Tayi. (Asking his men) Does Auda Abu Tayi serve?

Auda's Men: No!.. (loud cheering and yelling)

Auda: I carry 23 great wounds, all got in battle. 75 men have I killed with my own hands in battle. I scatter, I burn my enemy's tents. I take away the flocks and herds. The Turks pay me a golden treasure yet I am poor! because I...am a river to my people! (again Auda's men cheer, this time more loudly and wildly)........Is that service?

Lawrence: No.

RC,

I was careful to reread the title of the thread.......it just says "favorite movie lines".

The inference here will be movie lines from War and of course historical movies even T.V. mini series too if one likes, Moby Dick is okay as it really is indeed an American classic. loads of great quotes/lines in that movie that's for sure.

DO YE WANT YOUR GOLD COIN ME HARDIE!

post-34986-0-74363300-1353216348.jpg

Objective Burma

Near the end of the Movie the survivors dig in on a Hill as night falls and Japanese Infiltrators get into their lines.

One Japanese Infiltrator calls out "Hey Joe you ok?", to which Pvt Hollis answers and the Japanese crawls up to him and stabs him to death. In the next Foxhole another Paratrooper hears the ruckus and asks Hollis how he's doing. when the Japanese Soldier says "OK Joe, hey where are you?...", the GI knows its a Japanese pulls the pin on a Pineapple and lays it on the edge of his hole and says "Over here Sweetheart" and ducks down. Cue Japanese soldier crawls over on top of frag and gets sent to ancestors in blast. After the Blast G.I. pops up from hole, looks over at dead Japanese and says "By the way, My Name ain"t Joe......"

Lieutenant Commander Harold Kaminsky to Captain John B Earle.

SIR! THERE'S YOUR CONFIRMATION!

post-34986-0-74439800-1353305138_thumb.jpg

Note: in the movie they got Kaminsky's rank wrong, he was in fact a Lieutenant Commander, here we see Neville Brand who played Kaminsky is indeed wearing the rank of Navy Lieutenant. Tora Tora Tora. Still one of the great's despite some errors :lol: and is thee only movie on Pearl Harbor.

history-buff1944

"The Apaches outnumber us 4-to-1 Colonel, do we talk or do we fight?"

"You seem impressed with numbers Captain York.....however ill honor your truce."

Tora Tora Tora. Still one of the great's despite some errors :lol: and is thee only movie on Pearl Harbor.

You've got that right, I remember seeing some "other" film in 2001 and thinking "what is this??"

The CGI was the only redeeming quality.

RC

Here's a classic from a Bridge too Far

[an SS officer is approaching under a white flag]

Major Harry Carlyle: Rather interesting development, sir.

[to the German]

Major Harry Carlyle: That's far enough! We can hear you from there!

SS Panzer Officer: My general says there is no point in continuing this fighting! He wishes to discuss terms of a surrender!

Major Harry Carlyle: Shall I answer him, sir?

Lt. Col. John Frost: Tell him to go to hell.

Major Harry Carlyle: We haven't the proper facilities to take you all prisoner! Sorry!

SS Panzer Officer: [confused] What?

Major Harry Carlyle: We'd like to, but we can't accept your surrender! Was there anything else?

[German officer walks off]

Lt. Col. John Frost: Well, that's that.

[the officer returns to General Bittrich, and they converse in German]

SS Panzer Officer: They rejected our surrender offer. What are your orders, Herr General?

Lt. General Bittrich: Flatten Arnhem.