Favorite Movie Lines.

patches

Has this been covered before? Favorite Lines from Movies that you love. post them if you can remember.

Stop me if you heard this before :lol:

One of the Greatest chewing out scenes I think.

Gregory Peck as BG Hunter going after LT Col Gately in the 1949 WWII movie classic Twelve O'Clock High.

Brig. Gen. Frank Savage:

Rights, Gately? You've got a right to explain to General Pritchard cowadice, desertion of your post, a yellow streak a mile wide! and maybe he can explain it to your father so that they'll both be proud of you! you can tell him right now.

I take it you don't really care about the part you had in breaking one of the best men you'll ever know. Add to it that as Air Exec you were automatically in command the moment Colonel Davenport left - and you met that responsibility exactly as you met his need: you ran out on it. You left the station to get drunk. Gately, as far as I'm concerned, you're yellow. A traitor to yourself, to this group, to the uniform you wear. It would be the easiest course for me to transfer you out, to saddle some unsuspecting guy with a deadbeat. Maybe you think that's what you're gonna get out of this, a free ride in some combat unit. But I'm not gonna pass the buck. I'm gonna keep you right here. I hate a man like you so much that I'm gonna get your head down in the mud and tramp on it. I'm gonna make you wish you'd never been born.

Lt. Col. Ben R. Gately:

If that's all, sir...

Brig. Gen. Frank Savage:

I'm just getting started. You're gonna stay right here and get a bellyful of flying. You're gonna make every mission. You're not air exec anymore. You're just an airplane commander. And I want you to paint this name on the nose of your ship: Leper Colony. Because in it you're gonna get every deadbeat in the outfit. Every man with a penchant for head colds. If there's a bombardier who can't hit his plate with his fork, you get him. If there's a navigator who can't find the men's room, you get him. Because you rate him.

A few of Oddball's gems! :lol:

"Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves!"

"A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge."

"Sixty feet of bridge I can get almost anywhere. Schmuck!"

post-8022-0-74165200-1352978905.jpg

Johan Willaert

1941: There will be no bombs on this city...

Memphis Belle: Are you scared? No, I'm Val...

Stalag 17: Sprechen Sie Deutsch? Then droppen sie dead...

Its not from a movie but as US tanks entered Bagdad on one TV Network "BAGDAD BOB" was on TV on another Network Stating. "There's no US Troops Near Bagdad".

"Of all the forums, on all the websites, in all the world, he logs into mine. "

(With apologies to "Rick Blaine" aka Humphrey Bogart!) ;)

post-8022-0-34526600-1352985913.jpg

A funny one from Band of Brothers between Lewis Nixon and Dick Winters in a scene where the company is pulling out of a village during Operation Market Garden. As Nixon is observing the withdrawl he takes a hit in the helmet and collapses to the ground and Winters comes over to check on him.

Lewis: "I'm ok, I'm ok. Am I ok?"

Winters: "I think so."

Lewis: "Then stop looking at me like that!"

A few of Oddball's gems! :lol:

"Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves!"

"A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge."

"Sixty feet of bridge I can get almost anywhere. Schmuck!"

Yeah there are loads of funny lines in Kelly's Heroes.

Here one small back and forth. This is when Big Joe learns Odd Ball is in on it.

Big Joe: who's in command?

Kelly: A guy named Odd Ball.

Big Joe: ODD BALL ! He's freak !

I always loved this scene, with Big Joe, when he's first told about the deal, like telling off Crapgame, "Who invited you, Hustler ?" and a few lines later. "You butt out ! The only time you come out of the ground is when you smell a profit ! "

Lt. Co. Bill Kilgore in "Apocalypse Now":

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning!"

"Charlie don't surf!"

It's Really hairy in there sir, that's where we lost McDonald.

They shot the hell out us, THATS CHARLIE"S POINT !

post-34986-0-23522700-1353008303.jpg

1941: Did you hit that submarine? I think so; I saw it go down...

Wild Bill Kelso: I saw Japs ! a Japanese sub !

Pvt Ogden Johnson Jones: REAL JAPS?

Wild Bill Kelso: NAH, Wooden Japs Cheetah !

From The Longest Day, scene-Omaha beach landing;

Unknown Private: "I got a weapon Sir."

Brig. Gen. Norman Cota (Robert Mitchum): "Well good for you son!"

1941; when that Japanese sees that woman hanging onto the sub's periscope ... "Hollywoooood!".

And of course the chewing session in Full Metal Jacket (still cracks me up) from R. Lee Ermey.

Erwin

Wild Bill Kelso: Going my way sister??

post-34986-0-25145500-1353033595.jpg

Gas station diner Patron: (Played by Elisha Cook) They said all that is just a case of war nerves!

Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?

Patron: I heard it on that radio there!

Wild Bill Kelso: (pulling out his 45 cal pistol, shoots the radio, with the bullet going right past the startled Patron's head as he's eating a plate of spaghetti, and then says) THE RADIOS WRONG!

post-34986-0-05503400-1353033491.jpg

Gen. Patton to Russian Gen.

"I'll drink to that....From One son of bitch to another"

While we're on PATTON, how about:

"I'm proud to lead you fine men into battle, any time, any where"

Or very close to that, during the Battle of the Bulge scenes.

I can see this is going to be another HOT topic :lol:

Here's another one from Patton.

Here I love the way Patton goes off on a rant. :lol:

Bradley: You wanted to see me, George?

Patton: I've got a letter here from Ike.(gives him letter) I was re-reading Caesar's Commentaries last night. In battle, Caesar wore a red robe, to distinguish him from his men. (goes off slightly on a tangent) I was struck by that fact because (trails off) "Despicable"--it's the first time in my life anyone's ever applied that word to me.

Bradley: Well, at least it's a personal reprimand, it's not official.

Patton: The man was yellow. He should have been tried for cowardice and shot. My God! Have they forgotten about all the people who have taken a helluva lot worse than a little kick in the pants? I ruffled his pride a little bit, what's that compared to war? Two weeks ago, when we took Palermo, they called me a hero, said I was the greatest general since Stonewall Jackson.

Bradley: (with good humor) And now they draw cartoons about you.

Patton: The dirty bastard! They've got me holding a little GI there and kicking him with an iron boot. Do you see that, what's on my boot! A swastika! On my boot, an iron boot with a swastika on it! (reading from letter) "You will apologize to the soldier you slapped, to all the medical personnel in the tent at the time, to every patient in the tent who can be reached, and last but not least the Seventh Army as a whole, through individual units, one at a time ." God, I feel alone.

George C. Scott in "Patton":

"Now I want you to remember that no b*****d ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb b*****d die for his country."

post-8022-0-84033600-1353062947.jpg