WWII 10th Mountain Warrent Officer Group, Camp Hale - Dick Over

10thMountainWWII

10thMountainWWII

I acquired this uniform jacket and paperwork recently. It is named to veteran Dick Over of the 10th Mountain Division. Dick is still living in Colorado and is a friend of mine. I'm currently in the works to get this uniform back to him. David Little if you are out there, maybe you can help. Thanks!

DSCN3848.jpg

DSCN3851.jpg

DSCN3849.jpg

DSCN3850.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

I just left Fort Carson, I have people in Human Resources and personnel, maybe i could help track him down, i know 4ID wont have any paperwork, it probably all got transferred to Drum, but i can try to have my S-1 clerk get with HRC to track him down if you want, im sure hed love to have it back.

Brian Dentino

Can't believe I missed this as well.........that Warrant Officers uniform is a stunner! Love the 10th stuff and this is one of the best I have seen in some time. :D

• 6 months later...

I'm sitting next to Dick Over in a meeting as I type this. He is impressed with what you have done, and is curious how you got his jacket. (LOL) Beautiful work on a great guy - he has served the 10th well for many years AFTER WWII. Contact me at [email protected] if you'd like to get this back to Dick. (Yes, he'd like it back)

Dave

• 1 month later...
10thMountainWWII

Dave,

I sent you an E-mail. We'll work something out to get this uniform back to Dick some 68 years later.

Thanks

That's quite an interesting uniform. Under what circumstances did Mr. Over go from serving in the 10th Mountain Division to being a harbor master in Alaska? Does his wear of the 10th Division SSI as a combat patch stem from serving with the 87th Infantry Regiment in the Aleutians in 1943?

• 2 years later...
10thMountainWWII

Just to close this thread out, Dick's uniform was returned to him at the Aurora, Colorado Veterans Salute on November 4, 2015 with full media coverage. I had a great day with him and the other WWII veterans. Here is the story:

http://kdvr.com/2015/11/04/wwii-vets-honored-for-their-services-and-sacrifices-at-wings-over-the-rockies-event/