First Sergeant Chevrons

hhbooker2

Tan on brown, Infantry blue on khaki, tan on brown, and First Sergeant Drummer with white on blue. :rolleyes:

post-837-1203487967.jpg

post-837-1203487991.jpg

post-837-1203488023.jpg

post-837-1203488046.jpg

1) Here are a pair of wide dress chevrons for a Marine Corps First Sergeant. 2) Regular USMC dress blue chevrons. pinch.gif

post-837-1203488747.jpg

post-837-1203488858.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

In post number 4, the First Sergeant with crossed batons was for First Sergeant/Drum Major. Some Army bands were organized in that period where the Drum Major was also the First Sergeant.

This is an outstanding collection Sarge. Thanks for sharing this with us. It gives me something to aspire too in my modest chevron collection. thumbsup.gif

In post number 4, the First Sergeant with crossed batons was for First Sergeant/Drum Major. Some Army bands were organized in that period where the Drum Major was also the First Sergeant.

This is an outstanding collection Sarge. Thanks for sharing this with us. It gives me something to aspire too in my modest chevron collection. thumbsup.gif

LEE: Those First Sergeant with crossed batons seem to be among the hardest to find chevrons. Here is an Artillery First Sergeant, probably between 1920 to 1941, perhaps? think.gif Sarge Booker

post-837-1205951602.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
How about this one? Can anyone take a guess how old?

infantryfirstsergent.jpg

That was made for wear on the lower sleeve of the light blue enlisted mens overcoat that had a cape. These date from the 1880's or 1890's. This example with the light blue diamond has been posted elsewhere I believe.

These were worn on the lower sleeve instead of the upper sleeve because the overcoat cape would cover them. This dark blue was made in this color to give contrast in these chevrons to the light blue color of the overcoat.

• 2 weeks later...

First Sergeant chevrons. On the left, a pair of collar chevrons in subdued for the BDU. On the right, is a subdued rank tab for the Gore-tex BDU jacket.

Andrew

post-889-1208044980.jpg

Desert First Sergeant collar patches. On the left is a used one and on the right is a pair of uncut ones. These particular ones were used in OIF. These are the black on tan version, and I'm also including a picture of a brown on tan version I have on a boonie cap. The thread for the cap is here:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...showtopic=18192

Andrew

post-889-1208051271.jpg

post-889-1208051326.jpg

First Sergeant Chevrons (E-8). Army Green, for the current dress uniform. Merrow Edged. You can see, they all have different variations, such as size, color, and image.

Andrew

post-889-1208137010.jpg