Time to Start Drooling (ebay 82nd AB group)

Timberwolf

It won't be me, I just did the $1,000 to get it out of the $100 range.

Hawk you did your duty and we are all very proud of you :D

I have examples of about 75% of those items already in my own collection...from disparate sources. Hmmm....I wonder if Mrs Sabrejet would like a Caribbean vacation next summer?! ;)

You are going to need a westy liner with inland parts.

They are very rare. :rolleyes:

Where is his Army of Occupation ribbon?

Details. Just details.

If you email the seller I'm sure they can find one. :wacko:

Well I've be proven wrong! (won't be the first or last time lol) I figured it looked like a nice legit group. That's why even if I did have the money to bid on this I still would have came here first. Guess it's one of those too good to be true groupings.-Ben

Please Note: There were two topics concerning this grouping, they have now been merged into this one topic.

I was wondering where my one from fake alerts went :). Well at least that helmet is a steaming pile of fake.

Hi

Isn't it always convienient with a large group like this that the big value items are present, but no paperwork to back anything up....

I find it very hard to trust any group that is light on paperwork to back up the claims of the larger items.

Regards

Tom

just-a-good-ole-boy

1. The marking. there is something 100% wrong with it that all fakers get wrong PM me and we can discuss dont want to give it away since its a huge red flag none of them seem to catch.

2. chin cup.

3. the A yolks on the westinghouse liner are OD3 and look way to clean to the rest of the helmet.

4. The weave on the A yolks and the white cut edges look like repo. to me.

5. The aging on the marking looks like they just took rocks and threw it at it to take some chunks out and it looks like a stencil from war hats.

6. if you look close at the chips taken out of the marking you see no rust. Take a look at some of the rest of the chips on the lid which were probably there for a while you can easily see discoloration and rust, leading me to believe the chips in the winged foot are brand spanking new.

7. if i counted correctly the straps have 10 row weave.

8. looking back at the marking it looks like the white is under the blue of the foot. The few that I have seen that had the white outline it was just that, an outline it wasn't painted white first then blue applied on top. My 508th is just a solid color though :)

You hit the nail on the head Jamie.

Steve

And with that anyone want to guess what this will end for? What ever it finally stops at I am guessing $6000 +, which is sad as people should really do their homework before going big on questionable groups.

Philip

pathfinder505

Im not getting a warm and fuzzy on this set as a whole.Most of the 508th scarves I have seen for the guys in the honor guard and in Berlin were made of white parachute silk and had the 82nd patch on it.I own one and its got both 17th and 82nd patches on it.This scarf looks like a later one to me.First aid kit dont appeal to me either and the helmet I wouldnt go near unless I could have it in hand.Just me but Im thinking its an "assembled" group.Possible some of the items were from the veteran but Im thinking everthing isnt.

Ron

I agree and you took the words right out of my fingers.

Its a put together Para Grouping i wouldnt touch it even if i could afford it :o ha ha.. :lol:

The Helmet Markings dont even look ligit on this Helmet for it to represent the 508th

also notice the 508th Oval on the Ike Jacket isnt a WWII Issued 508th Oval its a Post WWII issue

never seen other than White Silk Scarfs for around the neck along with Camo coming out of 101st & 82nd A.B Div Vets Groupings.

No Discharge Paper Work, Documents to go with it also dosent Justify the price this Grouping is making so far Red Flags :(

What is driving the price is the fact that several people think the helmet is good.

If it was good 6,000 would still be a good deal for all this stuff.

That bullion 508 patch where was it made England Germany ?

pathfinder505

Lots of discussion about the auction, and the price keeps going up. Maybe we will see some bid retractions! (?)

maybe even convulsions when they find out what they bought.

What is driving the price is the fact that several people think the helmet is good.

If it was good 6,000 would still be a good deal for all this stuff.

That bullion 508 patch where was it made England Germany ?

Hard to say.I dont care for it.My first thought was from the land of Akbar :D

maybe even convulsions when they find out what they bought.

I agree

But often in cases like this with the people dropping this kind of coin they are more bidding out of emmotion than logic or any form of reason.Any advice normally falls on deaf ears

I agree

But often in cases like this with the people dropping this kind of coin they are more bidding out of emmotion than logic or any form of reason.Any advice normally falls on deaf ears

AND, the buyer will just say...."sour grapes"!!

as has been said,this is a group of abn stuff at best.no paper or provenance for me,i don't like the helmet at all.........dave

Dave,

Help me.....some members say the helmet is the only thing worth the money. What do you see??