Identity of Clip and Rounds

Kaneoheboy

Can any member identify the clip and ammo? I tentively identified it as a M-1 Garand clip of 30-06 rounds. This was found at an ex-military site on Oahu.

post-11381-0-03405400-1352484015.jpg

I would say a 5rd clip of .30 cal for the 1903 Springfield rifle.Have you looked at the stamp on the bottom of the caseings.Should be a two digit date(39,40,42,43 etc)plus the letter code for the arsenal.

The photo was sent to me by someone else, I personally did not examine the clip or the rounds. Thanks to the both of you for identifying it as a 5rd .30 cal. Springfield rifle clip.

They were also used with the magazine loader for the M1918 and M1918A2 BAR. Stripper clipped 30-06 ammo was made into the 50s for the BAR.

It's very very common to find M2 AP on 5 round strippers made during and after WWII and Korea.

I have seen a spam can on SL54 M2 AP on five round strippers, and certainly by 54 M2AP on strippers wasn't going in anything but BAR mags. (Well unless the riflemen poached it and put it in thier garand clips)

These were also used with the stripper guide on the M1917 and the side gate of the rotary mag on a M1941 Johnson rifle.

So saying they were just for M1903 M1903A3 isn't quite correct.

7.62NATO was also put on these very same strippers for the M14 rifle. But the pic does show that they are indeed 30-06

Thankk\s BigMoose, it was found at the site of a WW2 defensive position on a hillside near an OP and other rifle pits. BAR makes good sense for the location.

Thankk\s BigMoose, it was found at the site of a WW2 defensive position on a hillside near an OP and other rifle pits. BAR makes good sense for the location.

In that case, it may have been for the M1917. BARs and even springfields were needed badly for the war. A lot of the old M1917 enfields were used for stateside defense.

No way to tell 100%