PASGT - Marpat "Digital Desert" Upgrade Kit?

pump 150

I picked this set up in late 2004- early 2005 from a surplus dealer and was wondering if anyone had any info on this. It is an upgrade kit for the PASGT helmet in the then new MARPAT camo. The kit came sealed in the heavy bag shown and when I asked he simply said it was a short run item and quickly surplused. There are EGA's in the pattern, which can also be found in repro items and the helmet cover is single sided with no markings. Both the helmet band and chinstrap are Coyote Brown.

Although there are rumored to be single sided desert and woodland covers produced at the beginning of the MARPAT production most all I've seen have been said to be repro's. I also have never seen these goggle covers used in the field. Was wondering if anyone knew if this was also a repro, or maybe a true short run item during the start of the war in Iraq. Thanks

post-98601-0-11763100-1352337633_thumb.jpg

post-98601-0-39768500-1352337650_thumb.jpg

Thanks, I have seen that thread and in fact have a couple of different covers shown there. With so little official documentation on the early produced models yet out there, it is still hard to determine the truth. Thanks again

As far I know, only reversible covers were issued to USMC. There are so many different examples of fake/commercial/repro covers. I think yours are one of them.

Because the known 'real' helmet covers are stamped with contract marks or have a label, I would think this one should have the same. Because it doesn't I would lean toward commercial copy also, but of course I don't know for sure.