Celebrities who collect militaria or are military history buffs.

patches

Perhaps he does not collect artifacts, but my Normandy tour guide told me that Matt Damon (Pvt Ryan) has ":the war history bug", reads everything he can on Normandy and other aspects of WWII, has walked the ground dozens of times and is in contact with many vets and historians. He has teamed up with some "diggers" (relic hunter-archaeologists) and has taken an active part -- just for fun -- in their searches.

vintageproductions

I was at a Gun Show in Orlando and Dan Ackroyd was buying US medals

He's also a very advanced Law Enforcement badge collector

I once sold an Ohio National Guard officer's cap to one of the more outspoken victims of the May 4th Kent State University National Guard shootings. My only brush with celebrity through this hobby. Apart from a few accomplished authors I'm proud to call my friends.

Celebrities.I have done business with Bob Chatt and been to the Cracker Barrel with him.How would I ever be able to Top that. :) Robert

A "really big person at microsoft" supposedly collects WW2. I was told he has an agent that he tells what he wants. Agent then contacts a dealer he knows and says "I need a XYZ," dealer basically scramble to get the very best of those they can and price is not really much of an object. Is it Bill Gates? not sure.

I always hear whispers of these "rich people agents" who are told "buy me a collection." That is a job I would really love. Putting together a museum grade collection with enough money to actually do a decent job. However I do feel bad for these guys as they can't go to a show and walk around and learn about the stuff by handling it. And if they wanted to buy something of course the dealer is going to stick it to them. Mind you, I would trade places in a second.

Maybe some famous rich person wants to don a disguise and have me walk around a show with them pointing out good stuff. I am available.

Trust me, Dave is not Hank Azaria but, that would be cool.

I'm actually far better looking and more famous.

Or not...

:D :D

When celebrities are buying militaria, I wonder if it is research for an upcoming role.

Probably not always the case, but it would make sense that they would be interested in a particularly narrow focus of militaria for that reason.

RC

Not just celebrities assign buyers...dealers do it, busy individuals with a nice salary do it, etc. Sometimes it's just a matter of time

As mentioned, Dan Akroyd and Tom Hanks apparently hit up shows some times. Honestly, at a show like the SOS, it's the MOH recipients who have a harder time moving about freely

vintageproductions

Celebrities.I have done business with Bob Chatt and been to the Cracker Barrel with him.How would I ever be able to Top that. :) Robert

Does a has been Reality tv show hosts count? Good to know that I am a celebrity, and don't knock Cracker Barrel....

Does has been Reality tv show hosts count? Good to know that I am a celebrity, and don't knock Cracker Barrel....

To me they do, and their breakfast platters are enjoyable. B)

RC

Does a has been Reality tv show hosts count? Good to know that I am a celebrity, and don't knock Cracker Barrel....

Trooper Bob and myself ate there Sat.on the way back from Atlanta.I should have picked up a gift coupon for you....

vintageproductions

The downfall is, Cracker Barrels are all over the US, except for California. They stop right at the borders.....

Robert,

I can top that EASY! I've been to Cracker Barrel NUMEROUS times with Bob Chatt and he's even let me pick up the check!!!! I've also been thrown out of a White Castle with Owen (aka Kammo Man), co-star of "Combat Cash!"

Top That!

Allan

The downfall is, Cracker Barrels are all over the US, except for California. They stop right at the borders.....

That's right Bob- they only do business in the USA! :lol:

Allan

Robert,

I can top that EASY! I've been to Cracker Barrel NUMEROUS times with Bob Chatt and he's even let me pick up the check!!!! I've also been thrown out of a White Castle with Owen (aka Kammo Man), co-star of "Combat Cash!"

Top That!

Allan

How did you manage to get thrown out of a White Castle? That's a pretty serious offense, to those unfamiliar with White Castle, it is the "northern" equivalent of "Crystal Burger".

A "really big person at microsoft" supposedly collects WW2. I was told he has an agent that he tells what he wants. Agent then contacts a dealer he knows and says "I need a XYZ," dealer basically scramble to get the very best of those they can and price is not really much of an object. Is it Bill Gates? not sure.

I always hear whispers of these "rich people agents" who are told "buy me a collection." That is a job I would really love. Putting together a museum grade collection with enough money to actually do a decent job. However I do feel bad for these guys as they can't go to a show and walk around and learn about the stuff by handling it. And if they wanted to buy something of course the dealer is going to stick it to them. Mind you, I would trade places in a second.

Maybe some famous rich person wants to don a disguise and have me walk around a show with them pointing out good stuff. I am available.

Hi

I have been told a story about Bill Gates collecting high ranking signatures. I was told there was a blank cheque book, and the agent was told to buy anything at any price that met the criteria.....

But let's face it what it is a million pounds to Bill Gates....

Here in the UK, we sold Adam Ant a SeaBee's ring at the W&P show 2 years ago. Alot of celebes are into vintage clothing, and military clothing fits the bill.

Regards

Tom

How did you manage to get thrown out of a White Castle? That's a pretty serious offense, to those unfamiliar with White Castle, it is the "northern" equivalent of "Crystal Burger".

R.C.,

I'd love to tell you the story, but the statute of limitations hasn't run out yet. What I THINK I can get away with saying is that Owen isn't always the happy-go-lucky, likeable fellow he has portrayed on the small screen. :rolleyes:

The trip to WC was also unique as I didn't know that spray mace was a condiment offered there. :lol:

Allan

R.C.,I'd love to tell you the story, but the statute of limitations hasn't run out yet. What I THINK I can get away with saying is that Owen isn't always the happy-go-lucky, likeable fellow he has portrayed on the small screen. :rolleyes:The trip to WC was also unique as I didn't know that spray mace was a condiment offered there. :lol:Allan

Come'on Allan......what is repeated on the forum, stays of the forum!! :)

I wonder if any of these celebrity collectors are lurkers or even participants here. If anything, I imagine lurking, and they're smirking now reading this thread. Though this would be a refuge. Anonymous, and the members here are obsessed with veterans over celebrity gossip

Charleton Heston's collection reminds me of the character he played in the movie OMEGA MAN when he used military weapons to fight off the zombie hordes in downtown LA

I heard actor Charles Bronson liked class III weapons and owned a Thompson sub machine gun

actor Robert Blake was a firearms collector

I wonder if any of these celebrity collectors are lurkers or even participants here. If anything, I imagine lurking, and they're smirking now reading this thread. Though this would be a refuge. Anonymous, and the members here are obsessed with veterans over celebrity gossip

I am sure there are a few.

Yes, however, you have In N Out Burger. I make a bee line for the one in Westchester every time I land at LAX!