B-17 Pilot A-2 Group 96th BS

JDK

again i just love groups like this,everything there you could want.i am thankfull there are collectors like us that preserve these things.........dave

again i just love groups like this,everything there you could want.i am thankfull there are collecters like us that preserve these things.........dave

I agree 100%. It would be easy to split something like this up, but not me! Thanks again Dave!

JDK,

Please tell us what rock you found this under.

The hunt story.

Thanks

M

M,

Sorry I missed the first time you asked me this. This group came from a dealer of German Militaria a few years back. He had no interest in U.S. items, so I talked him into letting it go to me. Unfortunately he had already sold his B-10 and B-11 flight jackets to a friend that collects large size original jackets. Both jackets have his name strip, so if anyone here has them and wants to sell, let me know! ;)

Otherwise I ended up getting everything else and it was probably fortunate I did since I have a feeling it was going to be split up. It would have been a real shame to have that happen to such a complete grouping. My photos have just touched on some of the paperwork and other items this group entails. Its the largest all WW2 items group that I have seen.

HOLY SMOKES BATMAN!

I just ran across this and I found my jaw dropping! I LOVE it!!! The teo tone Bullion wings is post #14 are uber cool! Can you post a macro i.e. close up detail photo?

Please and THANKS@

John

HOLY SMOKES BATMAN!

I just ran across this and I found my jaw dropping! I LOVE it!!! The teo tone Bullion wings is post #14 are uber cool! Can you post a macro i.e. close up detail photo?

Please and THANKS@

John

John,

I will see what I can come up with for you. I think I have a closer shot of the wings on my work desktop that I can add.

JD

When it comes to finding an "ID'd" grouping, this group would qualify as a reference point to what "rock solid" identification is all about. A military museum level WWII AAFgrouping. SUPERB!

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...

One of my better A-2 groups. Large wartime photo album is a beauty! I'll have to add more photos some day.

Back up...……………………………….....apologies for the poor presentation on some of the items. Everything is such a large size, it dwarfs my mannequins.

JD