Fixed Bale Front Seam with LtCol

Jason G

Right from my attic, where it's been for over 25 years....

This is my fixed bail, front seam helmet. With applied LtCol insignia. The more I look at it, the more I think that it's not army, looks USMC or navy style. I dunno, that could be wishfull thinkin too.

The liner I don't think is original to the helmet, no sweatband or anything. Doesn't have the front insignia slot/hole, either, so perhaps it is.

No name on this one, just the partial number.

post-271-1203369790.jpg

Interior showing the partial number.

post-271-1203369799.jpg

Very nice helmet!! you are right about the liner, without front insignia eyelet hole it is most likely late 50s early 60s era, but that is one sweet fix bail!!!!!!!! w00t.gif

With applied LtCol insignia. The more I look at it, the more I think that it's not army, looks USMC or navy style. I dunno, that could be wishfull thinkin too.

It's hard to see the oak leaf but it looks like an Army style. The Navy/Marine Corps oak leaves have very pronounced veins on the leaves, but with more smooth surface showing between the veins (hope that makes sense). It does appear that the oak leaf is thicker in the middle, a style that pre-dates World War II but was no doubt used throughout the war. Great helmet!

Bill