My WWII US Small arms collection.

SKYLINE DRIVE

Those are 3 great pick ups. The garand and colt are really interesting. Looks like the colt has an early lanyard loop mag. Thanks again for sharing.

Man you are lucky to have all of this. Are firearms like that rare/expensive in Belgium? I know you have the envy of just about every American due to your machine guns. A few thompsons and an M2 (not to mention BARs) can buy you a pretty big house over here. How do you 'find' this stuff? I see you have a lot of attic finds..do you ask people to go searching through their attics or something? It's all pretty incredible and I'm super jealous anyway, kind of makes me want to move over there. Haha

SKYLINE DRIVE

Man you are lucky to have all of this. Are firearms like that rare/expensive in Belgium? I know you have the envy of just about every American due to your machine guns. A few thompsons and an M2 (not to mention BARs) can buy you a pretty big house over here. How do you 'find' this stuff? I see you have a lot of attic finds..do you ask people to go searching through their attics or something? It's all pretty incredible and I'm super jealous anyway, kind of makes me want to move over there. Haha

They are much cheaper then in the US, some are really dirt cheap compared to your side of the pond! Like a Thompson M1 or M1A1 going for about 700$, my Ma Deuce was about 2800$ a Garand goes for around 1000$. I am not going around asking, I am much too shy for such a bold behavior. :blush: But in the last few months it has been going around that I collect WW US small arms. And now and then, people who find stuff in a house they inherited or at an elderly relative's house, and know me, just ask me because it's the most easiest way for them to get rid of the stuff.

You have to be aware that after the Battle of the Bulge there were hundred of thousands of weapons of all kinds just lying around. The government had much more important things to do then control what happened to all the stuff. So many people just picked up what ever they fancied and kept it on barn, in the farm's smithy or in their attic.

Wow, that is incredible. I imagine it may have been somewhat similar to that over here, until we got governmented on with all of the regulations and destruction of military weapons. I would love to be able to own hold and shoot stuff like that, let alone own it. I've got Garands and a Carbine like most of the other Americans here might, but the stuff we have doesn't hold a candle to the originality and provenance of stuff you're finding in what is basically your neighborhood. What you're finding are time capsules, the rifles we have here have almost all been rebuilt at some point in their service. How many would you say you've acquired over the years?

SKYLINE DRIVE

Be aware, it's not all perfect and sunshine as you think! I am allowed to own functioning full auto small arms, but I am NOT allowed to shoot them! I can only shoot my semi-autos and handguns at an official range! Then there are many people in the EU who are working very hard to ban every kind of small arms! There are dark clouds on the horizon!

SKYLINE DRIVE

I got this M-1917 S&W Revolver two days ago. It is in a very good condition, was made in 1918, all the numbers and pieces are matching and it still has the original blueing.

post-82906-0-51376400-1457794794.jpg

SKYLINE DRIVE

Nice M1917. Fortunate you found one with matching numbers. Are the inside of the grips marked?

Ken

Nope, they are not!

• 3 weeks later...