My WWII US Small arms collection.

SKYLINE DRIVE

SKYLINE DRIVE

Nice collection! My favs were the BAR, the thomspons, & the striped walnut M1 Carbine. Up for any trades? I have a beautiful wife... ;)

I guess it would be no problem to get your wife across the big pond.....but getting my guns into the US of A might be a problem...the more I do not think my wife would tolerate any concurrence :blush:

Wow what an incredible collection you have! Congrats! How in the HECK do you afford all this?!? Are all the machine guns full auto? I know Europe is silly with their dewat laws. Thanks for sharing with us!

SKYLINE DRIVE

All but two of the guns are fully functional! One of the M1A1´s and one of the Liberator Pistols are dewats! In Europe gun laws vary very much from one country to another, we have a rather liberal one for European standards, all tough most Americans would say that it is a strict one. Regarding costs: please consider that prices over here can´t be compared to the US, a Thompson costs around 600€, a BAR, the MA-Deuce or the UD-42 changed hands for 2.500€. Quite a few of the guns I have I got for free, they are battlefield leftovers that were lying in attics or barns and the people were happy to have a legal way to get rid of them.

Thank you for sharing your great collection. Does the same hold true for parts for the M17 rifle grenade? They are difficult to find in the US in decent condition or without fabricated parts. If you can find the middle and bottoms easily on your side of the pond I can do without the top if you can find extras... A real coupler and internals are hard to find. Nice item.

SKYLINE DRIVE

Thank you for sharing your great collection. Does the same hold true for parts for the M17 rifle grenade? They are difficult to find in the US in decent condition or without fabricated parts. If you can find the middle and bottoms easily on your side of the pond I can do without the top if you can find extras... A real coupler and internals are hard to find. Nice item.

You do not find them every day, but I will keep my eyes open for an extra one, the M17 is completely demilled though!

SKYLINE DRIVE

I got this one this morning, a Union Switch and Signal slide on an Ithaca lower. It's in a near mint condition.

IMG_2665_zps52d93b41.jpg

IMG_2664_zpsf969d3e0.jpg

IMG_2666_zpsc1d520e2.jpg

IMG_2667_zps866a1a04.jpg

SKYLINE DRIVE

A 1903 from Springfield Armory with a 1-13 dated barrel. It's in quite a good condition!

IMG_2670_zps56ac6939.jpg

IMG_2672_zps4d822785.jpg

IMG_2673_zps1f278e6f.jpg

IMG_2674_zps0fe747b9.jpg

IMG_2675_zps35c83f9a.jpg

IMG_2676_zps952afc01.jpg

SKYLINE DRIVE

A Garand from Springfield Armory with the M7 grenade launcher and the M15 sight attached. It’s in an acceptable condition but unfortunately the stock cartouche is very faint, hard to see on the pic, but it’s still there.

IMG_2681_zps5c62ff9c.jpg

IMG_2682_zps97d45f97.jpg

IMG_2683_zps61b15351.jpg

IMG_2684_zps30f51b3c.jpg

IMG_2686_zps92b7503e.jpg

IMG_2687_zps7f46e32b.jpg

IMG_2689_zps6f8d07f1.jpg

IMG_2690_zps0e8136f8.jpg

SKYLINE DRIVE

My latest 19111A1 and I dare to say, the centerpiece of my collection! It's an all original parts mid-1943 Colt. It is in a very good, nearly mint condition! Actually, as I had to use the flash, the scratches in the finish look much worse on the pictures then in reality.

IMG_2736_zps36655888.jpg

IMG_2735_zpsc9eea97b.jpg

IMG_2738_zpsc14f8744.jpg

IMG_2744_zps715fb4a4.jpg

IMG_2741_zpsa5916bd1.jpg

IMG_2745_zps76c2ba3a.jpg

IMG_2746_zpsd87a2405.jpg

IMG_2747_zps18819147.jpg

You must be somewhere in Europe. It would cost you big bucks just for permits every year over here. Congratulations on

a great collection! Danny

Johan Willaert

Nice... Eddystone M1917s are not that common over here... I have a near mint Winchester M1917...

Love the Colt M1911A1!! Have two in the same condition, both in the 9xxxxx range...

• 3 weeks later...

Unbelievable collection, thanks for sharing!

I enjoyed seeing your 1911's.

I just picked up my first. A 1918 colt all correct matching parts WW1 vintage.

Do you shoot any of your collection?

SKYLINE DRIVE

Unbelievable collection, thanks for sharing!

I enjoyed seeing your 1911's.

I just picked up my first. A 1918 colt all correct matching parts WW1 vintage.

Do you shoot any of your collection?

I have two refurbished and reproofed Milsurps, they are shown in the first Posts, an M1 Grand and a 1903A3, those I shoot, the others I leave alone!

• 3 weeks later...

I had wanted / thought about shooting my 1911. Was thinking to be safe I should have a gunsmith take a look. Barrel looks good with no pitting and strong rifling. I don't plan to bring it to the range, but, just shoot on special occasions.

Thanks again for sharing your collection!

• 5 months later...

Incredible collection! :o The market must be quite different there then here in the U.S. for the dollar to euro amount to be so different. Incredible that you have gotten so many pieces in their original state. Many are a collectors dream. :rolleyes: it seams like some people show concern over firing a WW2 vintage weapon. If it's in good shape then what's the concern? Also, is it even possible to really import something like a garand or carbine into the U.S. from Europe?

• 2 weeks later...

Very impressive collection. The BAR always makes me drool a little. I have 11 iconic battle rifles from the two world wars, and before, but will have to settle for enjoying collections like yours vicariously as full and non-US semi auto's are a bit pricey these days. All you need now is an M2 Carbine.