My WWII US Small arms collection.

SKYLINE DRIVE

Very much in awe, a great collection! As I scrolled down I just keep seeing grail after grail. The UD M42, BAR and M2 ---Wow. Thanks for the show and tell.

Greg / G2

• 4 weeks later...
SKYLINE DRIVE

The latest addition after cleaning away some light rust. I "rescued" this Garand from an attic. It was made in july 1941, same date on the barrel, seems to be all original parts, the stacking swivel is missing which somehow seems to be the norm for the battlefield leftovers. Unfortunately the stock cartouche is worn off and can only be seen very faintly.

post-22-0-89448200-1400273392.jpg

post-22-0-42245900-1400273395.jpg

post-22-0-13644200-1400273398.jpg

post-22-0-78987500-1400273414.jpg

post-22-0-74945600-1400273416.jpg

ThompsonSavage

Very nice rifle, good to see a Garand with a narrow base gas tube, single slot gas cylinder lock screw and early rear handguard. Does it still have the seal on the front sight?

The year of production is 1942 though.

Great collection and display. Thank you for sharing... looks like the rear sights have been replaced too.. .. probably around Jul manufactured...

Very nice rifle, good to see a Garand with a narrow base gas tube, single slot gas cylinder lock screw and early rear handguard. Does it still have the seal on the front sight?

SKYLINE DRIVE

Oops......Sorry for the typo, according to Bruce Canfield's book production date is july 1942!

The seal is still there.

S.D.,

To describe your collection as "PHENOMENAL", would be a VAST understatement!

Thank you, much, for sharing it with us.

Regards,

Don.

• 4 weeks later...
Charlie Flick

Another very nice weapon, Skyline Drive.

Your Victory likely shipped from the S&W factory in the July, 1943 time frame. The left top strap should bear the Ordnance bomb/US Property/GHD markings.

Happy New Year to you.

Regards,

Charlie Flick

SKYLINE DRIVE

Another very nice weapon, Skyline Drive.

Your Victory likely shipped from the S&W factory in the July, 1943 time frame. The left top strap should bear the Ordnance bomb/US Property/GHD markings.

Happy New Year to you.

Regards,

Charlie Flick

It doesn't, I don't know if it was sanded away or if there never was any marking on the left top strap. Were there any Victorys without the US Property / GHD markings?

Happy New Year to you as well!

Charlie Flick

SD:

In that serial number range and in .38 S&W caliber it would be unusual for the revolver to not have received the US Property GHD left top strap marking. These were Lend Lease guns so it was important that the property ownership markings be on the revolver. There were a relatively few .38 S&W Victories that do not bear these markings in other serial number ranges. I suppose anything is possible, of course, but my expectation is that it probably left the factory with the marking present.

Regards,

Charlie Flick

10thMountainWWII

Very nice collection but why advertise to the world of thieves and evil people how many guns you have? Just curious...

SKYLINE DRIVE

Very nice collection but why advertise to the world of thieves and evil people how many guns you have? Just curious...

First of all they would have to locate me, then they would have to get past the alarm system, then past my four legged "Alarm system cum Enforcer". If they managed the first three steps they would be in front of eight first class weapon vaults containing registered guns! Selling them in Europe would be very very difficult as they do not have the required paperwork. If they manage to find a buyer the price of the guns would be so low that their benefit would be in no relation to the risk and the trouble they went through. So you see that depending on the degree of it, gun control can have it's positive effects!