Bag General purpose

bilko1

left is

S FROEHLICH CO NYC 1944

Right is

BOYT 43

Not found a OD#7 boyt or s.f one yet in my standard i like.

Note the diferent buckel arrangment on the later one.

Dave

post-39-1168632987.jpg

craig_pickrall

The one on the right with double snap hooks was popular with paratroopers. You will see them hanging on the chest and snapped to the D rings on the M36 suspenders.

I was under the impression that the one of the styles was developed for airborne use.I have thought that for a long time and not sure where I got that impression

i should have added the froehlich gp is married with a s.froehlich co 1944 strap in OD#7[seen in the pic],Again not found a strap by boyt for the other gp.

BTW here's a pic of not a para with the earlier type.

Dave.

post-39-1168639934.jpg

• 2 years later...

Can anyone tell me if there was ever a GP strap configuration to accommodate the type of bag as shown at left (one each snap hook and D-ring)? Also, any idea as to why the different versions were produced?

Until today, I thought the D-Ring Bag was a 1945 design, but I was wrong...Bilko, thanks for the education :thumbsup:

Here's a few General Purpose Bags, though the group has grown since this shot was taken...

post-3226-1255817484.jpg

On a trivial note, I've never seen any photos of Marines using these Bags...anyone out there have contrary evidence?? :think: