$150 British made .45 mag pouch. Did I miss something?

Dr_rambow

craig_pickrall

Hi Todd!

Actually I don't know any other collector so fond of these pouches. I collect .45 mag pouches since 40 years and I have some 120 pieces which include over 70 variations... I'm missing a mint BM Finningans one and that's why I bidded so high on that. I would pay even more for a really mint M.E.Co.1943 with early blackened brass round buttons...

Fausto

Is this the one you are looking for?

post-5-0-38816700-1352236981_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-43796400-1352236994_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-61382600-1352237008_thumb.jpg

Yes Craig, that's exactly the one on the right, with British blackened brass round buttons. There are three variations of this M.E.Co.1943 pouch: the early one with round buttons, than that with "Pull Here" British fasteners, and the last one with "Lift the Dot" British fastener... I'm plenty of the last type (both 1943 and 1944), and now I have one "Pull Here", but I'm missing a mint one with round buttons... Thanks !

Fausto

craig_pickrall

How many years ago was British Made not desirable ?

I don't remember that day.

I don't remember a time when it was considered undesirable but I can remember when it was just mixed in with other surplus. It was always fun to be searching thru a big box and to find a Brit made piece. First aid pouches used to be real common.