US NAVY CONTRACTS

dustin

Does anyone have any info on N383S contract numbers? A lot of people seem to think they are post war contracts but is there any definite indications to say that none were made in WWII?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Does anyone have any info on N383S contract numbers? A lot of people seem to think they are post war contracts but is there any definite indications to say that none were made in WWII?

I've got a N383s1035 L.W Foster AN-J-3a, and this can't be a 50's or 60's contract because the AN-J-3a stopped production in '47. The L.W Foster 55J14, which also has the N383s contract no. is very similar, but when was the AN-J-3a made?

check out the photos below

It's painted with a WWII disney logo, Oswald the lucky rabbit, which is the patch for the VO-3 squadron, would love any more info on this odd jacket.

post-52408-1313622169.jpg

post-52408-1313622250.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Darkvalley

Hi Alls,

Hi Jerry

Here is my latest acquisition.
I can not find the contract number : NOA(s)-3196, there has a date but it is illegible.
Thank you for your help.
Laurent

post-8744-0-37659500-1401904442.jpg

• 1 year later...

Well, how about this number, N-151-S-57462. There is a date stamp, feb 2 1945 but is that manufactur date or date when arrived to navy depot?

post-9415-0-31520500-1455888558.jpg

The contractor took some liberty on using dashes, it should look more like N151s-57462. The numbered prefixes like that are regional purchasing offices, this for the Purchasing Office New York City.

• 2 months later...

Post #1 has the NXSX bracket, It would be a daunting task to list every contract as there were tens of thousands. The lists are merely presented to plug in a number such as yours so you would get a feel of time frame of when your contract was awarded. In this case Keith that contract is Oct-Nov 1944.

• 5 months later...

So a flight suit with the contract NXS5513..is that 1943 manufactured?

Flight suits would be under the cognizant of the Bureau of Aeronautics. Often is the case the designator "A" is left out, NXSA. Are you missing a digit in your contract? if it is correct it is a very early procuremnt and what is the model of the flight suit?

Flight suits would be under the cognizant of the Bureau of Aeronautics. Often is the case the designator "A" is left out, NXSA. Are you missing a digit in your contract? if it is correct it is a very early procuremnt and what is the model of the flight suit?

Hi there. The contract I posted is verbatim off the tag. It is a leather heated suit with a 4 digit serial number.

-Paul

I hope someone could help me on this one. From the "Naval Clothing Depot" label my understanding is this is late 1940's, but I could be wrong. Contract number is U55-U-10275-31. The item is a seresucker working uniform dress, but not sure if it is Navy Nurse Corps, WAVES, or Women's Reserve. Dating the item would help me narrow my search.

Hi there. The contract I posted is verbatim off the tag. It is a leather heated suit with a 4 digit serial number.

-Paul

Now that helped out a lot, your suit was contracted in May of 1942 so most likely was manufactured the same year.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys - I just picked up this N1 deck jacket from a local antique shop out here in Indiana - the jacket itself appears almost unused. The Alpaca lining is mint and the exterior is in great condition as well.

I'm rather green when it comes to collecting WWII items so I'm hoping to get some validation on this piece being authentic (or not). Thanks for any help!

post-150876-0-88830800-1479503900_thumb.jpg

I have used the collective information from this post many times and give a thanks to all who contributed. However, I do need help with this contract number. From what I have read, I think that this aircraft manifold pressure gauge is pre-war. But I would like some thoughts from you all. Picures aren't the greatest, but under the center post on the face of the dial, it reads: BU.AERO.U.S.NAVY. The back has the entwined anchor/US stamp. The contract number is: NOS 78136. All comments much appreciated. Thanks, Al

post-12790-0-54051200-1479509514_thumb.jpg

Hi Dustin,

Here is another Navy Contract number for you to decipher if you don't mind.

The tag reads:

10 RIBBONS CAP (FRENCH)

CONTRACT N140S 62215A

thanks

Dennis

post-2843-0-26328500-1479510669_thumb.jpg