Forum members storm stories

36-tex

I am on call and we should be flying our helicopters up wed or thurs to assist as needed. I'm hoping for the best but it looks pretty bad.

Mike

So far so good here....as it has made landfall about 300 miles from me, we are getting 50 mph wind gusts, and (probably) climbing.........

Well, here in central Maryland my family is getting a lot of heavy rain and wind. We have a stream and woods on our property and the stream is completely flooded and a couple trees have fallen. Still have power though!!!

We still have power. I live pretty much in Boston. Lots of wind and rain. not much damage to our property so far. There are plenty of limbs and other debris in the driveway and neighbors house is shedding shingles though. Wind seems to be picking up, not slacking off like they were predicting. The news says gusts down town around 50 mph.

Robswashashore

Gusts up to 80 MPH here on the Cape. Not much rain. Our friends down in New Jersey got the worst of it.

Photo taken in front of the Chatham, MA USCG Station this morning at 11:

post-12350-0-80147700-1351552287.jpg

HI! Wow is this storm hitting NYC hard. The winds are shaking my building!! Its quiet then BOOM comes a guts and we jump off the couch! Gusts up to 50- 90 MPH till later tonight. Flooding is expected and will flood subays. They think. Police now in force by water(Hudson river), getting thrill seekers to safety. A crane has toppled over up town on a sky scaper. Now hanging in the wind. First time in my life I am a little uneasy about storms. I live 10 stories up and it is hitting hard againts windows!! Jeeez then Halloween then elections. I need this???:):):)!!

All be safe and take care!

paul

My part of Jersey ( about 10 miles SE of Philly) is holding out pretty well as far as I can tell. Just watched a transformer blow a few blocks over, but we still have power.

3rd story wood frame building, things have gotten shaky during a few gusts.

Hope you guys on the coast are OK.

We are getting lots of rain. Creek behind me is now a river with whirlpools. Hope the water keeps flowing away from house. Have enough pop tarts and sardines to keep me going if cut off from rest of world. Still have power. Sand bags keeping water out of basement and garage.

I have not heard from my father in law in DE or forum member Teamski. Did it hit farther north than predicted?

Looks like it hit New Jersey but big tropical storm now. Gusts to 70 to 90 mph.

Leatherwringer

wicked winds up here on western Lake Erie......I know I am missing some roof tiles.....well not missing...I see a couple in the backyard :wacko:

CNY Militaria

I am in Upstate NY and the weather is getting pretty windy! It was interesting to go to Walmart today and see ALL the bottled water sold out, all bread, and most non-perishable items gone, and a long line of people waiting to fill water jugs.

We just got a stand-by notice to be ready tomorrow to launch if needed. Don't take it wrong, but I hope I don't get to meet y'all on the east coast, cause if we do, it won't be good times.

We had three days in a row of 35 to 50 MPH winds about a week ago, so I have an idea of what you are dealing with. I hear parts of the boardwalk in Ocean City and Atlantic City are now flowing down the streets.

We just got a stand-by notice to be ready tomorrow to launch if needed. Don't take it wrong, but I hope I don't get to meet y'all on the east coast, cause if we do, it won't be good times.

Be safe if you have to go Hawk!

How about the HMS Bounty helo rescue today. 19th century replica. Good luck if you gotta go.

Looks like it's been downgraded, still a dangerous storm.

Keep safe,

RC

The "downgrade" is indeed misleading because while there is no longer a "hurricane Sandy" there is still a superstorm whose impacts will increase through out the night for many people over the entire northeast US (I looked at a utility company outage map and it show power outages as far west as Indiana.

I have family in central PA and they are looking at 60+ mph winds yet to come. My dad is staying with someone who has no internet or cable so I have been calling him all day on his cell phone to give him the latest forecasts and I'm sure his the same position as many elderly people who have no idea of the scope of this thing. I finally convinced him to go someplace else with a lower risk of a tree crashing through the roof.

We haven't lost power yet or anything really, but the rest of my family isn't doing so good. My Grandmother has no power and my Aunt's home is a few blocks from this

26574d1351530649-hurricane-sandy-imageuploadedbycurltalk1351530640.588000.jpg